JDM Sprinter Carib RHD for sale in Texas only 41,000 kms!

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

JDM Sprinter Carib RHD for sale in Texas only 41,000 kms!

Post by Mattel »

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5586685838.html

so many questions. price seem reasonable considering? worth it for the wing mirrors alone!

No mudflaps and USA front/bumpers which I have seen before on some the JDM wagons.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Re: JDM Sprinter Carib RHD for sale in Texas only 41,000 kms!

Post by Mattel »

some damage along the passengers side rear quarter as well. also note in the backround of photo 11 a lot full of what look like honda cities and mini pickup trucks from japan
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

WOW - nice find, Matt!
Note the LF bumper "guide;" I wonder if this was added after the dent on the LR door and scrape on the LR fender flare? Too close to a car on the inside lane?
I thought JDM (and OZ) varieties came with remote fuel door opener and remote hatch release; are the latches not mounted on the front console where the "delete buttons" are?
It still has the luggage cover, but no rear speakers.
I wonder why it was imported, and how long ago?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Mattel »

Hi Tom,
The Oz SR5 had those releases on the floor, just between the door and the front of the drivers seat rail. But not on the DL base model.
This is a JDM AV1 which is a mid range. A mixture of SR5 and DL parts (i.e seats are DL but with SR5 trim). All the SR5s in australia had those little trays instead of speakers which were optional. I love the JDM inclometer!
bryanthompson
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 4WD SR5 Wagon : "The Brochure Car"

Post by bryanthompson »

If someone here does buy this, I would happily purchase the JDM clinometer from you for a price that would make us both happy! ;-)
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

An idle wonder..... (Hey - it is 3:40 Ayem in MO!):
1. The cost to c/o to LHD (ludicrous, I know, but cut me some slack!);
2. How difficult is it for a driving experience transition to a RHD in a LHD continent (I have NO experience)?
Pipe dreams - and besides - Goldie would never forgive me for forsaking her... :wink:
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
The Professor
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon

Post by The Professor »

Having driven RHD, it's really not that hard to get used to, although I did find myself staring out the driver's window when I meant to look in the rearview mirror...

The most difficult thing will be making LH turns across traffic (like at a four way intersection), passing another car on a two-lane road (not really an issue in a Tercel, since you're passing exactly nobody) and drive-through windows. Other than that, it's just a normal car.
1975 Subaru SuperStar wagon
1984 Subaru Turbo-Traction wagon & hardtop
1987 Subaru RX 3-door
1987 Subaru RX Type-RA 3-door
1987 Toyota Tercel SR5 wagon
1999 Subaru Forester S
2002 Subaru WRX sedan
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Mattel »

I've driven left hand drive a few times fairly easy once you get used to the width of the car being on the right of you not the left!. with a manual gearbox I kept putting my left hand into the door to change gear. I found it took a while to get used to roundabouts as well.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

looks like quite a bit of rust or damage over the rear left fender that has possibly been painted over. dings at the front of the hood. looks like white paint overspray around rear left corner by that small dent. other discolourations that might be rust on the rear hatch but the picture is too fuzzy to tell. the interior looks great, at least.

i wonder why it has two left side mirrors. are the fender-mounted ones JDM, but the door-mounted one was required to import it to the US? weird.

considering what we can see in the ad pics, i think it's really overpriced.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

bryanthompson wrote:If someone here does buy this, I would happily purchase the JDM clinometer from you for a price that would make us both happy! ;-)

What is special about it?
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

It would make a great rural mail delivery vehicle.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

irowiki wrote:
bryanthompson wrote:If someone here does buy this, I would happily purchase the JDM clinometer from you for a price that would make us both happy! ;-)

the car graphics on it are different from the USDM.
bryanthompson
Top Notch Member

Post by bryanthompson »

Tercels / SprinterCaribs offered three different clinometer graphics over the years.

The American spec cars were all the genetic profile type, and the jdm vehicles offered two alternate versions. My favorite is the one with a more accurate depiction of the Tercel profile and an altimeter in place of the 4WD indicator. The car that's for sale has the genetic profile graphic, but with blue tone sky above the horizon line.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (16.7 KiB) Viewed 3456 times
image.jpeg
dlb wrote:
irowiki wrote:

the car graphics on it are different from the USDM.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Mattel »

I think the altimeter only came in the HiLux altimeter (although with a Tercel shaped car on the gauge) Landcruisers from the same period in Aus had the same graphics on their altimeters
bryanthompson
Top Notch Member

Post by bryanthompson »

Mattel wrote:I think the altimeter only came in the HiLux altimeter (although with a Tercel shaped car on the gauge) Landcruisers from the same period in Aus had the same graphics on their altimeters

This altimeter / clinometer is from this car:
image.jpeg