'84 tercel for quick sale--- $1,000

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
jonesmeister

'84 tercel for quick sale--- $1,000

Post by jonesmeister »

Hey guys, I have made the unfortunate decision to sell my Terc.

She runs perfectly and hasn't treated me wrong in the year that I have owned her. Unfortunately now she needs a bit of brake work done and I am using it as an opportunity to get a larger vehicle. The brakes still work, there is just a slow leak coming from one of the rear cylinders and when I took it in to the shop they told me that both front bleeder valves have snapped off...meaning she needs new calipers on the front. If I was able to do the work on her to fix her up I would, but I am not prepared to pay a shop a few hundred bucks to do it.
If you're mechanically inclined, this would be a steal for you... the brakes still work too so it will be easy to get it home.

Like I said... This car still in perfect shape other than that and runs very well. I actually bought it a year ago off another frequent user of this forum.

The vehicle is gold, with brown-ish interior, just hit 400 k's on the odometer.

I am sure you've all seen Tercel's a million times so I will just send pics to anyone who wants them.
Vehicle is located in Vancouver, BC.

Looking for a quick sale so I will consider any offer. Reply here or send a text to my mobile.

Cheers
250-216-2839
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: '84 tercel for quick sale--- $1,000

Post by dlb »

hey matt, glad to see you post the car here.

here's a link to a post i made on the car last year that has some pics of it:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10932#p81502
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 'Everett' Blue 87 4WD Wagon (Rocky 86, recently retired)

Post by marlinh »

Does that car really look that rust free? If so, that is a bonus for us here in Canada who don't want to import a car. Maybe you can post pictures of the sub frame, rockers and rear quarters. What condition is the windshield in?

What kind of compression does the engine have now?
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

btw matt, what garage did you take the car to to have the brakes inspected? because if the caliper bleed screws are broken off, they must have done it because they were fine when i worked on the car before. and i don't like a shop making a rookie mistake like that, it smells too much like a make work project: "they were so old and rusty that they just snapped off, now you need new calipers, which will be $500 thank you very much." everyone who has ever worked on old junk knows to lightly tap on such small, corrosion-prone nuts and bolts. torquing hard on small rusty stuff just rips it apart and a shop should know that.
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 'Everett' Blue 87 4WD Wagon (Rocky 86, recently retired)

Post by marlinh »

I am really interested in underside pictures. I am heading to Vancouver in a couple weeks.
jonesmeister

Post by jonesmeister »

Hi Marlin, I will take some pictures today and get them posted. I unfortunately can't get underneath the vehicle so the subframe might be hard to get at.
The windshield has a crack over the passenger side, been meaning to get it replaced for a while now but it just never bothered me enough to be honest.

Cheers, Matt
jonesmeister

Post by jonesmeister »

Hey David, I took it to a shop in North Van... Krangle Automotive I think it was called. Yeah I really do think it was them who snapped off the bleeder valves as the lines had also been bled since you would have done them. Not sure how I go about proving that it was them who did it.

Anyways, thanks for posting the link to your original post. Much appreciated.