85 4wd Wagon

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
atoyta
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 3 wagons now

85 4wd Wagon

Post by atoyta »

My neighbor has an 85 wagon for sale. 303,000 miles, she says it has a miss & runs rough. Only dent I could see is in the back hatch. Interior looks pretty good, some wear on the drivers seat in the fabric. 6 speed trans, decent tires. Looked like there was an extra carb, oil pan & seat frame in the car. I was not able to drive it as she was gone when I looked at the car. She got it as partial payment for a debt & is looking to sell. Asking $1000 OBO, car is located in Monroe,WA. Contact me for more info.
Attachments
engine2.jpg
backSeat.jpg
Interior.jpg
dent.jpg
pasSide.jpg
FrontDS.jpg
Last edited by atoyta on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: 84 4wd Wagon

Post by Petros »

that is a 1985 model year, it will use the 4.1:1 final drive ratio. that is kind of high miles, and paint is a bit rough, but if no rust the price may be okay, but it seems a bit high unless it is mechancally perfect.

It would make a good project car. hopefully "running rough" is an easy fix (vac leak, spark plugs?) and not a burned valve or bad head gasket.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
atoyta
Top Notch Member

Re: 84 4wd Wagon

Post by atoyta »

Thanks for the info Petros, I will try to drive the car next week when I have time to meet her & hopefully update this thread.
atoyta
Top Notch Member

Re: 85 4wd Wagon

Post by atoyta »

Well, I saved it from the scrap pile. She ended up giving it to me for $200. Engine runs rough the interior is in pretty good shape, clutch, brakes & transmission seems fine. The clearcoat is peeling so I would guess this was a repaint. Don't know if I can save the paint & just re-clearcoat. All & all the car is worth saving. I have another 85 I will pick up in June, that makes 3 wagons now. I am starting to catch up guys. It came with 2 extra carbs, starter & an alternator too.
Ridlbox
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR 5 custom aluminum rims 4 a motor custom rims Bluetooth stereo system

Post by Ridlbox »

Nice find and great save.
i will find a tercel in a music video
That's my new goal 8)
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

$200, that's a steal. lucky you. too bad for your neighbour but i guess that's what one gets when they take an old car as partial payment for something.