1984 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5 for sale on Ebay

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Hog-Terk
My tercel:: 1984 tercel 4wd sr5

1984 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5 for sale on Ebay

Post by Hog-Terk »

Current Bid is $2,025, Reserve is not met yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Tercel-S ... 1935510703

1984 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5 5 speed manual transmission (with Extra Low "Granny Gear" when 4wd is engaged)
Garage Kept
Ready to drive home
No rust (Been in southern Tennessee for it's whole life)
2 owner
no accidents
meticulously maintained
2 tone blue exterior
2 tone blue + gray plaid interior
Upgraded speakers (still have factories if you wish)
8 inch bazooka tube sub
Roof Lights
Pioneer Bluetooth Head unit (still have the original as well)
2 sets of tires (10 tires total) :
Factory Toyota 13 " wheels with Firestone Winterforce A/Ts 90%+ tread (plus full size spare) Set of 5
Black 14 " Steelies plasti-dipped with Firestone Affinity street tires 100% tread (less than 250 miles)
Engine, Transmission, Transfer case, differentials etc. all meticulously maintained.
4wd works great
Transmission is smooth
Clutch is perfect
Car drives like a dream and shows just as good
I would have no doubts in starting her up and driving to California (I'm in Virginia) right now.
Needs no work.
Timing Belt, Crank shaft, Center support bearing, Wheel bearing, Intake manifold gasket, O-ring gasket, water pump, etc all replaced this year.
Attachments
20150720_163040.jpg
20150720_163016.jpg
20150720_162935.jpg
20150720_162922.jpg
20150720_162909.jpg
20150720_162905.jpg
20150720_162840.jpg
20150720_162724.jpg
20150720_162323.jpg
20150720_162228.jpg
20150720_170216.jpg
20150720_170143.jpg
20150720_165457.jpg
20150720_165036.jpg
20150720_165002.jpg
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Re: 1984 Toyota Tercel 4wd SR5 for sale on Ebay

Post by irowiki »

"best tercel in north america"
"has small ding"

ha ha ha :lol:
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

wow, looks great. i like the custom paint job and roof mounted lights. nice personalized license plate too, surprised i haven't seen that one before.

does the bikini car wash girl come with it? yowza
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

It seems odd that, given the number of external mods (and repairs) he's done to the car, that he's not been a member of the Club.
Well, at least I do not recall the car appearing here over the last 10 years.
Anyone else remember it?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

Not surprising in the least Tom, there's lots of people with Tercels who either don't internet, or they know about us and read us but don't register.

I discovered someone out in AZ who has 10+ Tercel 4WDs but he doesn't want to be on the forum, for example. There's another guy who lives an hour from us in CO who has three tercels and doesn't really get on the internet.
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

Looks like it's been well cared for. Too few in this condition (imho). Can someone commit to watching the auction end and grabbing a screen capture? Good reference for insurance battles.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

wow, it's at $3950 with over a day to go!
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

Reserve not yet met though.

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

The seller is a member!
What I asked (the exchange is not reported below for ? reason):
Hello - you mentioned a "crankshaft repair;" what exactly was the repair? Also - please tell the eventual purchaser to join our worldwide Tercel4WD club at http://www.tercel4WD.com; many exceedingly helpful members scattered in the USA, Canada, and Australia. My own current T4WD came from TN.
Props to the original owner and to yourself for a very nice car!
Thanks. Tom M.
What he answered:
Tom! Thanks for the note man :)
I'm a member of that forum, it's great. There is also a pretty good Facebook group as well.
The crankshaft repair was (as I understand it) a sleeve that had worn out and needed to be replaced. My belts were not lining up properly and the dealership wasn't sure why. I found a guy in the mountains of Virginia who knew the 3ac motor in and out and fixed it in an afternoon. That was last year and it have been great ever since.

From the "Questions asked and answered"portion of the ad:
Question & Answer Answered On
Q: Hello - I just had to drop in and tell you that my husband and I owned this beauty and traded it to Rick McGill's Airport Toyota!!! We had the "custom paint" job done and the TOYOTA sticker on the back hatch was made to order size we wanted- had her beautifully clean. We have owned 3 of these dolls and loved every one!! It is truly an amazing vehicle - I wish hubby hadn't sold it, but I can't always control him! I truly hope she will be treated well and loved for how well she performs. We had no trouble at all!!. Will be watching what you get for her, BTW what is your reserve?? This is no spoof, we really did own it! (Paint job, TOYOTA sticker, and probably put good floor mats in). Jul-27-15
A: Hi! Thanks for letting me know, small world! I hope that you don't mind me posting this publicly on the ad so that people can see the history of the vehicle. I bought it from a dealership down the street from that dealership, I guess Toyota sold it to them. That explains the 4 owners on the Autocheck. I usually wouldn't post the reserve, but since it was already exposed by another buyer who ended up retracting their bid, it is $4,000 (only $50 away at this writing). I've never had any problems with her either, very great car. The only things I've had to replace was the O-ring gasket and the intake manifold gasket since it was leaking a little and I did a crank shaft repair as well. It is perfect now. I am so sad that I have to sell but I do not get to drive it nearly enough to justify keeping it. It was my daily driver all last year though, I loved it. Great car for camping! Thanks for saying hello! -Luke

Q: Are the plaid seats factory or aftermarket? Jul-24-15
A: The seats are factory and have not needed to be replaced because they have been meticulously maintained. Wherever there has been an upgrade, I have kept the factory piece as well. (Sound system, head unit, wheels, etc.) I have a bunch more pictures of the seats and everything else on my flicker account. https://www.flickr.com/gp/134212307@N02/W3Aw3w

Q: i would like to buy the original radio and tape deck. would you be interested selling seperate or listing it for bid? Jul-24-15
A: Thanks for the question. Unfortunately I cannot sell any individual parts. I want to keep them all with the car for authenticity purposes. These include: -Original radio -Original 13" toyota wheels -Original speaker mounts for truck -Original trunk visor (not sure what it is called, but it hides what is in your trunk) -Original shifter knobs (for both transmission and transfer case) -Original Owners Manual etc. etc.

Q: I have a few questions about the vehicle: 1) Does the A/C still work? I'm assuming that you have to find old freon. 2) What is the vehicle's average MPG? 3) Does the Bluetooth work for making calls? 4) Is the subwoofer removeable? 5) Your Ad says 2 owners, but the autocheck on this page says 4... 6) Why is the frame in such good condition if you are in virginia? I think that's it. Thanks! Jul-22-15
A: Hi Mohockey, Thanks for looking. Answers below. 1) The A/C still works. The previous owner did the conversion so that it takes the new type of refrigerant. A dealership confirmed this and I may have a service record, I have to check. It has 2 A/C options: Normal and Econ. Not 100% sure the difference but Normal seems to be better. 2) I average between 26 and 27 mpgs around town. On long drives mainly on the highway I get closer to 30 mpg. 3) Yes, calls and media and sound is great. 4) Yes easily. Only one plug and loosen the straps. I've done this frequently when trunk space was needed. The sub is designed for wagons. It sounds great, not too big so as to be loud and obnoxious. 5) I noticed this as well. The Autocheck (I assume) is including both Dealers. The original and the one that sold it to me. Or maybe one dealership sold it to another before me. Either way, there have only been 2 owners of this vehicle and 2 dealers. 6) Good question. The vehicle was in southern Tennessee for it's entire life until last year when I brought it up to Virginia. It has only seen snow this year and the frame was sprayed afterwards.This can also be verified by looking at the Autocheck report (provided) or the Carfax. One thing that i neglected to mention in the original posting was that that I have a TON of service records. I think I may have every record from 1984 until now. I also have the original owners manual (which is pretty cool). Thanks again for looking!

Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

dlb wrote: does the bikini car wash girl come with it? yowza
Hey now! I remember the pics of your T4 getting a topless bikini wash. Biggest yowza factor this site has seen...
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

splatterdog wrote:
dlb wrote:does the bikini car wash girl come with it? yowza
Hey now! I remember the pics of your T4 getting a topless bikini wash. Biggest yowza factor this site has seen...
dlb wrote:yes but the grass is always greener.$4000, reserve met!
Does no one remember my squeeze sitting on Goldie? For shame!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5807&p=42736&hilit=boyz#p42736
Tom M.
simon guey
My tercel:: 85sr5

Post by simon guey »

$4550 !!1!!!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

SOLD - for $4550!
Considering this had just less than 166K miles - and is not super-cherry and lowlow-mileage like that one in NC a few years back - it does nothing but raise the value of our cars.
OMG! Perhaps my daughter might realize a profit when I croak!
Of course she would, since she will inherit Goldie w/no investment...
Wish my Gson could appreciate something other than electronic widgets... "Gee, Paw - what is a stick shift and why do you persist in driving a car with it and w/o power windows, etc.?"
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

Mad_Marx wrote:Looks like it's been well cared for. Too few in this condition (imho). Can someone commit to watching the auction end and grabbing a screen capture? Good reference for insurance battles.
here it is:
ebay.JPG
Mad_Marx
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1986DLX (K.I.A. by a Texting Driver, currently being uses as a parts car) 1986 SR5 AC, Cruise, Sunroof a.k.a. TERC II Electric Boogaloo (restoration in progress). 1984 SR5

Post by Mad_Marx »

Well done! And thanks David! Work commitments have been keeping me from Tercel endeavors.