Definitely selling my cars

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
drege
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Hadatercel

Definitely selling my cars

Post by drege »

Would anyone be interested in them?
Were seriously contemplating moving clear to the other corner of the country where its just not feasible to take our toyotas + its unhealthy for them, they salt the roads I believe and its a long way to drive them, they don't have the cargo space we'd need for the move, blah, blah, blah.
For those that don't know our lineup is 1987 tercel SR5 6 spd on stock steelies and 1987 (88 model year) corolla FX Base model.
Both are in excellent shape inside, exteriors are a little shabby, mechanically pretty sound the TTSR5 is 225xxx the TCFX is like 130xxx.
Both have passed california smog, Thinking next spring we'd just split and never look back.
Think of it as to good home only.
Last edited by drege on Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It takes more fossil fuel resources to produce new vehicles than it would take to maintain and fuel any 70's or 80's vehicle for a million miles.
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Re: Might sell my cars

Post by Gottolovem »

Are you thinking of going in the motorhome?
Why not tow the tercel?
drege
Top Notch Member

Post by drege »

The motorhome is already on the chopping block.
A trailer would cost a fortune out here in california, interstate rental is twice as expensive, not to mention I'm an unlicensed driver - it'd be a disaster I'm sure.
It takes more fossil fuel resources to produce new vehicles than it would take to maintain and fuel any 70's or 80's vehicle for a million miles.
drege
Top Notch Member

Post by drege »

Yea they area for sale, tabbed, smoged, titled and registered two perfectly running 2nd ten toyotas, well the FX is finicky, but hella low miles, just needs adjustment
Call it like $1800 for the both as a pair. $1k a piece negotiable to T4WD.com members - cause I can't decide which one I cherish more.
I'm in no hurry, probably next spring be the deadline.
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

Get me a good set of photos on the t4 !
If it's in good enough shape I may have a buyer :mrgreen:
clarksober
My tercel:: na

Post by clarksober »

so we will have to wait till next spring to drive it? :)
drege
Top Notch Member

Post by drege »

@clarksober; Well I'm shopping for a van, so no.
I'll take some pix when I'm out at work land later this week.
clarksober
My tercel:: na

Post by clarksober »

waiting for the pictures:)
drege
Top Notch Member

Post by drege »

Braving the artic north south oregon, highway 97 near chemult
All her glory - the most offroad place I could find sadly
Unfinished project
Current milage
My1985Tercel
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel 4x4

Post by My1985Tercel »

PM sent, please call/text me. Thanks :)
drege
Top Notch Member

Post by drege »

Update, wife's FX is considerably less for sale than my terc, its not mine/she still wants it and its running poorly - whatever I did to the terc I need to do to it.
On a similar note, If someone has a conversion van between 83 - 02 I'd totaly be interested . . .
drege
Top Notch Member

Post by drege »

All interested parties should come forward in regards to the tercel, I'll have to drop the price on craigslist soon, listed for 1500 there, 1k here.
Remember its a perfectly running 87 with a bundle of transmissions courtesy of Gottolovem, an oil filter pancake, fittings and mechanical oil pressure gauge, volt gauge, vacuum gauge triple hole gauge pod (right hand A pillar) the original radiator.
Also slowly sewing a new real leather shifter boot set for the drivetrain control levers.
B1g_R3d

Post by B1g_R3d »

In how much of a hurry are you to sell it? I have been lurking for a while, learning what I can about the Tercel, which is actually a very impressive piece of machinery. Always been a toyota fan, but never been able to find a good condition Tercel here in phoenix. I just started my job, so I will not have funds for about a month or two, if you still have it by then, I would love to make an offer then, in the mean time, good luck selling it, it is in really good condition, definitely worth it.
drege
Top Notch Member

Post by drege »

Wow, first and only post, welcom to the forums!
If I still have it you'd have to sign a promissory note to love it alwase, jk - kinda.
A crescendo is mounting in my endeavors, I might hasten selling it soon here, but each prospective new owner comes with their own special circumstances. Your the 3rd.
Also if anyone would like I can preform some simple tests and post them in video format for long distance inspection. No. 2 interested party is also out of state.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

Buck came from California too!
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k