Definitely selling my cars

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
wish4tercel
My tercel:: i wanted a tercel for years... i dont have a car

Re: Might sell my cars

Post by wish4tercel »

hi this is my first post here i have dreamed of owning a tercel wagon on and off for years...

one of my best pals' family had one growing up ...the coolest spaceship of a car. the inclinometer, the windows in back of the wagon... yep that is how i first met a tercel they look so unique
now they seem sorta hard to find and i don't have a car but thinking seriously of getting one
i am not a frequent driver getting along mostly by bike and hitching ...getting tired of that and i have a dog so...
also thinking of moving ...a vehicle could really make sense
so i am thinking of tercel wagons and looking all over... im usually in the midwest, SE, and NE of usa

questions: is it pretty easy to maintain them yourself and are parts easy to find? hows the highway treat your cars?
i might be crazy enough to come out there to get one if i meet your qualifications :) -devin
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

Welcome to the forum wish4tercel (hopefully you can 86 your forum name soon) :wink:
Of course we here all love the Tercel's
A basic tool kit can keep these cars going for a long time,their easy to work on with some basic skills.

I will likley have one up for sale soon myself @ around 1,500 bucks.
drege
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: Hadatercel

Post by drege »

Yea I'll have to change my name to 'hadatercel'
It takes more fossil fuel resources to produce new vehicles than it would take to maintain and fuel any 70's or 80's vehicle for a million miles.
marlinh
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 'Everett' Blue 87 4WD Wagon (Rocky 86, recently retired)

Post by marlinh »

Welcome! These cars are fairly easy to maintain and great to drive. I am sure you can find one on this site and lots of enthusiastic owners here to help you! Good luck with your search.
B1g_R3d

Post by B1g_R3d »

That tercel was definitely a worthy cause for me to make my first post here, I have been looking for one for a while now, but out here, if it is not one thing, it is another, kind of a bummer that I am about a month an half away from being in a position to go out there and buy it ha. I promise if I had one, it would definitely be loved. My 87 pickup has gotten the royal treatment ever since I got it, people suggest I should get a new truck, and I always wonder why would I do that? Older vehicles have character, and if treated correctly, will be reliable and easy to maintain with a bit of know how. The tercel got my attention, and just kept growing on me everytime I saw one. Like I said, if in a month and a half comes by and you still have it, I would be down to go out there and get it, until then, I will be checking in to see its status.
clarksober
My tercel:: na

Post by clarksober »

looks good, but I am afraid I am not a quick learner to drive it back to east coast.
drege
Top Notch Member

Post by drege »

Let me just say that the prices I'm asking for are the reasonable lows - on craigslist I am starting at 1500 to keep the riffraff away and account for several hundred dollars worth of haggling - we know the straight up value of these cars -- a running smoggable (relatively low milage) 80% fair TTSR5 at 1k is a steal not to mention the 2 1/2 transmissions that come with it.
I have the ability to sit on them even after I hit the road, at that point it will be a sad state of affairs, as their sale/s will be handled by a 3rd party and will be "as is, where is" aka, sitting in a storage yard with fuel congealing and collecting dust, not trying to be a dick but its by no means a hardship sale, I'm not desperate.
It takes more fossil fuel resources to produce new vehicles than it would take to maintain and fuel any 70's or 80's vehicle for a million miles.
drege
Top Notch Member

Re: Definitely selling my cars

Post by drege »

The TTSR5 may very well be sold as of tomorrow.
drege
Top Notch Member

Post by drege »

Its gone - but the FX is still on the block though, though its now my only mode of transpo so is suspended for immediate sale until further notice.
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

Forum member?
Did they take the extra tranny stuff?
drege
Top Notch Member

Post by drege »

I think he'll register.
Yes, I'd suggested he keep them, he knows of our arrangement about the transmissions.
drege
Top Notch Member

Post by drege »

Well I got my van, a 1995 GMC 2500 "TRUCK" vandura, so the FX is unequivocally for sale now, in spite of a recent tune up it runs a little ragged, pretty sure it needs the fast idle tuned in.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

Fast idle is only when cold.
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
drege
Top Notch Member

Post by drege »

hmm, well its hard to start when warm, sometimes need to floor it to start, then nurse it to a smooth idle.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

Ah, that is the same thing Pokey does sometimes. We haven't figured it out yet!
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k