1984 Tercel Wagon - SR5 - No Rust - Dark Blue - Project - CA

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
BrownBadger
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD Tercel SR5 - The Brown Badger

1984 Tercel Wagon - SR5 - No Rust - Dark Blue - Project - CA

Post by BrownBadger »

Selling an 84 Wagon that I just saved from being crushed. Unfortunately not enough space or time to give it the attention it deserves. Too nice to be used as parts and shouldn't need much to be a good runner. Asking $1250, but would make a good deal for a forum member. Here is a link to my craigslist ad with a bunch of photos:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4774896544.html

And here is the text from my ad.

I have a 1984 Toyota Tercel 4x4 wagon for sale. Anyone who knows these cars know that they will take you anywhere and get 30mpg while doing it. They are very capable 4WD econo-boxes. This Tercel is in very good condition overall and is very original. The body is very straight with all original paint and NO RUST. It does have some clear coat peal on the roof, but the rest of the paint is very good. The car has been sitting since 2007 when it was taken off of the road for a head gasket job. The head was rebuilt with a complete valve job and it was reinstalled with a new head gasket. The previous owner never completed getting it running again. When I picked it up he was going to have it crushed and it was just too nice to let that happen. I have put on a new carburetor that I pulled from another Tercel and gotten it to run, although not well. Likely just needs a full tune-up and carb adjustment to be running well again, but I just do not have the time or space right now so I am passing it on to someone who can give it the time and attention it needs. This will be a great car with just a little work. I am asking $1250 for the Tercel. It has a clean title, but obviously has not been smogged and has not been registered since 2006. For full price offers I will throw in delivery if you are local (within 15 miles or so of Citrus Heights).

Details:

-1.5 Liter 3-AC engine
-New carburetor
-6 speed manual transmission with extra-low granny gear - recently replaced and in good condition
-Shift on the fly 4WD
-230k miles on the clock
-0 miles on top end rebuild
-Air conditioning
-Power steering
-Working power sunroof/moonroof
-Altimeter
-Original blue/grey plaid upholstery - great condition with no tears
-50/50 split folding rear seats
-AM/FM/CD Player
-5" rear speakers
-Full size spare tire
-Rear window defrost
-Locking fuel door
-Includes some spare parts and 3 hubcaps
BrownBadger
Top Notch Member

Re: 1984 Tercel Wagon - SR5 - No Rust - Dark Blue - Project

Post by BrownBadger »

Sold.
Gottolovem
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 with snow plow,1987 auto 1984 parts car,1987 FX-16 GTS

Post by Gottolovem »

As soon as I saw the house in the background "from c-list posting" I knew who was selling that car :D :D :D
BrownBadger
Top Notch Member

Post by BrownBadger »

Only one VW at the house now though. :-D