1986 Tercel4wd SR5, Seattle area $2650.

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

1986 Tercel4wd SR5, Seattle area $2650.

Post by Petros »

hi all, this is forum member Danzo's former well cared for Tercel4wd, on my last trip to Texas I bought it from him to sell in Seattle. Forum members get their first crack at it, but do not wait long, it will like sell quickly in the Seattle market.

the car is in remarkably good condition, mechanically and otherwise, a few minor dents no rust. On my long drive from the Dallas area I gave it a good shake down drive, and fixed everything I found wrong along the way. New brakes and battery in Dallas, new cv axles and windshield in Los Anglese, 4 new tires in Yreka CA, among other many new parts. it only has 164k miles on it and it looks like it has an imported engine on it, it runs great, it burned almost no oil during the 4000 mile drive home across the TX and AZ desert. It also has the weber carb, that runs great now that I got the correct jets in it and the choke is adjusted.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/4508413764.html

the ad reads:

1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 Station wagon, 4x4 'shift on the fly', 6 speed manual transition. One of Toyota's great little 4x4 cars, one of the most economical 4x4s ever sold in the USA, tough and reliable, great ski rig, with true four wheel drive. It has brand new tires, new battery, new rear brakes, new radiator, new CV axles, new rear wheel bearing, new tinted windshield (all other glass good with custom "privacy tint"). New windshield wipers, recent valve adjustment. low miles imported engine that runs strong and burns no oil, recent timing belt and fan belts, recent alternator, recent oil change and filter, Blaupunkt CD stereo. Performance Weber carburator installed. Toyota factory MR2 14x6" allow wheels. mechanically in excellent condition, runs and drives smooth and quite. The car body is rust free (lived most of its life in central Texas), but has a few minor dings and dents, otherwise paint and body look good. Relatively low miles. Great car with many miles of trouble free driving on it.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: 1986 Tercel4wd SR5, Seattle area $2650.

Post by dlb »

wait, does this mean danzo is now tercel-less too? say it ain't so!

i still love those mr2 wheels. so well suited to these cars.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

Yes it does. he is driving a project BMW that needs a lot of work, but drivable. His tercel also needed a lot parts replaced, so it was not driveable and had not been driven in several years. We replaced many of those parts in his garage, or I did on the trip home. His goal was to get enough money to buy another Miata, his dream car.

I think if his life situation changes he will want to find himself another Tercel4wd in the future. Danny is a great guy, let us all hope he finds the right life partner soon, so he will need a "family" car and there will be another Tercel4wd in his life! Perhaps that Miata might help him in that department.
danzo
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 6 speed

Post by danzo »

Dlb it's true I am currently sans T4, I am down to dual bimmers and a Volvo 740 wagon that will likely get donated to help at risk kids. Hopefully said kids don't use the money to buy more schmack. At any rate, I was certainly sad to see the old girl go. When Petros and his wife drove 'er away it reminded me of when I sold my old Spitfire. Remembering all the fun and friends I have made with that car honestly got me a bit choked up. Peter may be correct in thinking another one may be in the cards.

The car festered in front of my haus for a little less than a year really just because of a bad wheel bearing. If I hadn't realized how easy it was to replace I would have driving it daily. If anyone has any questions about the car feel free to contact me. I'll give any and all info to the best of my recollection. I'm glad the car will likely be going to somebody who can use and appreciate it.

My third Miata may be a ways off, I've got to get my financial haus in order first. But Petros is right - they certainly are effective 'ho collectors', just as long as one has the custom license plate that reads 'NT GAE'. Axe me how I know....
It's a scientific fact that in a twin engine aircraft, when one engine fails there is always enough power in the remaining engine to make it all the way to the crash site.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Petros »

I have a buyer, a great younger guy that runs a small farm on one of the islands in Puget Sound, has a wonderful wife as well, he had to borrow a car to come look at it, and until they get their truck fixed this Tercel will be their only running car. we plan on doing the final transaction on Wed. I introduced him to this forum, so Danzo you may keep tabs on the car if he signs up.

The car really looks great all cleaned up, I replaced the torn up driver seat back since I happened to have a good matching one in my "inventory" of spare parts. it also now has new tires and a new tinted windsheild, with those MR2 wheels I am a bit envious of it. with the carb rejetting it rally runs nice too. My daily driver is really dirty and needs front wheel bearings and perhaps a CV axles, Danzo's Tercel is very quiet on the road compared to mine, and one of the better running ones that I have had.

Also, when I advertized it I got up to nine inquires, a few low ballers and one that wanted to trade a civic, but a number of eager people really looking for a clean T4wd. So there is no shortage of demand around here for a nice running Tercel4wd.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever thin my farm out. :lol:
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k