Bookmark Icon

Talk about Forum Improvements or anything about the forums.
Mr. Mad Ox
My tercel:: '86 SR5 Wagon

Bookmark Icon

Post by Mr. Mad Ox »

You know how when you bookmark a page there's a little icon next to it? For example my facebook bookmark has a little blue box with an f in it, craigslist has a little purple peace sign, netflix has a red box with an n in it, etc. well the bookmark for this forum just has a white blank page next to it. Could we get a cool icon on there? Is that even a possibility?
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Bookmark Icon

Post by Petros »

Welcome to the list Mad Ox,

We used to have an icon until the whole site got moved to a different server (we also lost a lot of the photos too on the old threads). Do not know what the issues is, because I noticed the blank square as well, the old logo was gone after the migration. We also used to have user icons, but all those got lost too, and the process to reinstall them does not look as easy as it used to be.

Tell us about your car!
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
Mr. Mad Ox
My tercel:: '86 SR5 Wagon

Post by Mr. Mad Ox »

Ah that sounds like a major pain.

I recently got an 86 sr5 wagon, it's my first car and it has some issues, clutch doesn't engage at all (have a new one), oil leak (I think the valve cover gasket), and there's a leak in the brake lines somewhere but it does have a new radiator, new shocks, and new cv joints. It also has rad stock wheels. I'll try to get some pics of it up this weekend. I can't wait to get to the gasket and clutch but I don't have a jack or stands so I've been looking at buying those. Thinking about going with the craftsman 2.25 ton jack and stands for $50.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

There are threads on all those topics. the clutch is a major job, there is a procedure with a list to tools needed over in the repair guilds section. make sure you get freash gear oil in the trans, there is also a procedure for that too when you get to that point.

You might consider replacing the rear main seal when you have the clutch out, only costs about $12 and unless you know it was replaced recently not a bad idea.

common places for oil leaks are the valve cover gasket, the o-ring on the distributor, the fuel pump gasket, and the front main seal. clean off the engine and it is easier to find the leak source. it is very rare the pan gasket leaks, it is almost always that it ran down the block and followed the pan around so it looks like the pan is leaking.

not likely the brake lines are leaking, more likely the master cylinder is bad, or calipers or rear wheel cylinders are leaking (most likely the rear wheel cylinders). to test the master pump up the pedal and hold it solid, if it bleeds down slowly most likely the master is bad. the rear wheels cylinder leak when they are realeased. pull the drum to inspect the rear brakes.

welcome again, good luck with the repairs.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)