Adding 85 current Toyota part #'s and schematics

Talk about Forum Improvements or anything about the forums.
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Adding 85 current Toyota part #'s and schematics

Post by SynthDesign »

So I've been collecting all these Part# schematics every time I have to go to Toyota for OEM parts. Particularly seals and service parts. I reference an 85 Tercel 4WD SR5 Wagon. Would it be worth my time to scan them for you so they may be uploaded as a reference on the site? I can't imagine that I have more than sixty pages. I think it would be a good asset for the site and assist members in finding a part with a lazy toyota parts guy.

Let me know what you guys think.
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: Adding 85 current Toyota part #'s and schematics

Post by ARCHINSTL »

XLNT idea!
Whenever I make a post concerning an OE part, I always note the Toy #.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Post by SynthDesign »

I started scanning the schematics. I have them now as jpg's but I think adobe reader pdf's seem a bit more common a format for Cataloging.

Whats the consensus?
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Yup from me.
Tom M.
EDIT - Sorry - I realized that was pretty noncommittal... PDF first, then .jpg, I reckon.
However, one thing in favor of the latter...easy to add/modify items using various software (I use Photosuite). If editing can be done with PDF, then I guess I just have not figured out how. As noted many times before, I am pretty clueless 'bout 'puter procedures...
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
sdoan
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 Tercel 4wd DLX 2nd owner (sold), 1984 SR5 3rd owner (sold), 1984 with 4A engine and factory sunroof SR5 3rd owner.

Post by sdoan »

SynthDesign wrote:So I've been collecting all these Part# schematics every time I have to go to Toyota for OEM parts. Particularly seals and service parts. I reference an 85 Tercel 4WD SR5 Wagon. Would it be worth my time to scan them for you so they may be uploaded as a reference on the site?
Let me know what you guys think.
This would be a GREAT resource - the sort of thing that make this forum important.

I'd love to see it. I can use either PDF or JPG.
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

I started scanning the schematics. I have them now as jpg's but I think adobe reader pdf's seem a bit more common a format for Cataloging.

Whats the consensus?

Just throw them on here as is..... Use a flash drive.... It will be easier than having to use a floppy disk and not being able to save all your info......
K-Business