chat not really being used.

Talk about Forum Improvements or anything about the forums.
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

chat not really being used.

Post by Neu »

I mostly use it to make quick drops of information, but sometimes I've been on and there's 5+ people on and no one is using it. C'mon guys!
alex16
My tercel:: 1983 6speed a/c, towbar, hitch, sr5

Re: chat not really being used.

Post by alex16 »

We need to schedual a time for everyone to log on.
keith
Highest Ranking Member

Post by keith »

Do you think you could put a little icon or something at the top of the page so that when any one puts a message in the chat screen, the icon would appear as long as that person in logged in? Maybe in the line with the user control panel, about mid screen the word chat would appear followed by the name of the person who put the message up and stay there until that person leaves the site. If several people see it and start chatting too, then their names would also appear until they leave the site.
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

What you're getting at sounds a little bit difficult. Pretty much an On/Off sign for who's chatting? That's already there. In the chatroom a green light means the person is active/in the chatroom, yellow means inactive, red means hasn't talked or done anything for a long time.

It just isn't anywhere but the chat, and the chat code isn't open source so I dont want to fiddle with it.