Tercel4wd.com Banners!

Talk about Forum Improvements or anything about the forums.
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Tercel4wd.com Banners!

Post by Neu »

These are two quick banners that I made for tercel4wd.com

Use them wherever you want, just link back to tercel4wd.com with them.

Uh..I'll be making more.

Tell me what you think,or make your own!
{Click them to make them full size}
Or goto http://www.tercel4wd.com/banners/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: Tercel4wd.com Banners!

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Between the two....
# 1.
But maybe a color on the letters so they stand out?
Actually - including the current one on the header - (Mattel's, I believe?) - I prefer the AussieCar. Best composition; the red car dominates and anchors the right and then draws the eye to the "4WD" on the left, and the font of the "Tercel" is the same as the hatch font.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Neu
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Neu »

They were just quick drafts. I plan on going over and over them to make them good. I'm inviting others to go ahead and try. I want you to try!
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Hey Guys,

Happy to help out in anyway I can. I'm a graphic designer/architecture student B.T.W. and I do some web design (but work with coders and others to get things happening) With all respect to all the great work Neu's done (don't burn out son!) I'd like to see a full length banner similar to the little pic I made earlier at the top with no fields in it and generally the colour scheme slightly muted a bit. I'm more than happy to help. I just need a some specs

is the car in the above image not American enough? someone said you didn't get that colour in USA? I dunno, I think it looks neat. I've got a few ideas but I don't really want to be in any sort of competition for it.

cheers y'all
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

This is representative of all the "critters" on this forum..... :mrgreen: So....let's REPRESENT!

scuuuuuuuuse me..... :wink:

the heat is on.....

We need a banner contest? Best banner chosen by member poll?
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Mattel wrote:Hey Guys,is the car in the above image not American enough? someone said you didn't get that colour in USA? I dunno, I think it looks neat. I've got a few ideas but I don't really want to be in any sort of competition for it.
We in the USA apparently did not get "the red" until 1987, as there is a current eBay listing for a red '87 in NYC (I just added it yesterday). I have an '86 brochure, and is is not listed there. So - apparently it is a rare bird here in the USA/Canada.

Nevertheless, of the Tercel's colors, red is certainly the "boldest;" so my vote is for the red color.

takza's offerings (and captions) are clever, though!
Maybe add for the folks in the Southland, an armadillo as roadkill (who's ever seen a live one?) - and, of course, a Missouri Mule pulling the Terc by a tether - hmmm - maybe I'd better rethink that last suggestion - might be an ill omen?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

No competition.
Takza wins already :D
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Neu
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Neu »

Mattel wrote:No competition.
Takza wins already :D

I dont like the 1995 look of 'em. I want something newer looking. ;)
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I'm not up on website design...just messing with some free graphics programs....Pixia...Paint.NET (many plugins)...few others...etc. Still haven't figured out the layers thing though....need to try again.

With a good screen capture prog...you can get stuff from one program to another. Some do things others can't.

The lettering and animals are from a prog called swiftdraw that was around before Win95.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Neu
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Neu »

I'm not saying they're bad, im' just saying for the site's banners I want newer stuff. Banners that people would look at and say "Wow..tercel's can do that?"

Things like that.
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

can i get one to put on my sig in another forum??? i like the one with the red tercel
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
Neu
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Neu »

yeh you dont have to ask, they are open to use.
terkill
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Toyota Tercel 4WD

Post by terkill »

made these while extremely bored, the first was just a test on how many words i can fit on that size img
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If parts ain't flyin, you ain't tryin"