Photobucket fix

Talk about Forum Improvements or anything about the forums.
slimdude85
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1981 Toyota Tercel

Photobucket fix

Post by slimdude85 »

For those running Google Chrome as their web browser, you can visit this link https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... aedg?hl=en to download a Chrome Extension which allows you to actually see pictures instead of that blasted maxed out P500 graphic.
Do not be afraid of sudden fear nor of the onslaught of the wicked when it comes; For the LORD will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught.
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭3:25-26

I have learned to kiss the wave that slams me into the Rock of Ages. -C.H. Spurgeon
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Photobucket fix

Post by irowiki »

Or use imgur, or attach images here!
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Thanks for the link - I use Chrome, and it worked.For the last x years, though, I have eschewed Photobucket, once I discovered I could post pix directly from my 'puter.
I did check in to Photobucket to capture some of the pix I'd added to it about Goldie and to add to my "Goldie Photo" folder and discovered...
That I can only "Save" them as a .png, which I then have to convert to a .jpg for my folder - inconvenient, but Oh Well ...
However - and help me here - they came out as a tiny 100x100 size instead of the usual 520 x390 size I stored in my folder. Enlarging them made them kinda fuzzy.
Ideas for a 'puter OF?
Thanks,
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Fantastic fix. it's sad to have seen many peoples work in the forum have the images stripped out. With this fix those old posts are now view able again!.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Good Morning irowiki,

I don't know that it is an issue for anyone else, but the limited photo size is a challenge with my i-phone 6. Older i-phones had a quality setting that would allow smaller file sizes for uploading. The i-phone 6 does not. Most photos are in the 2.5-3.0 M range and will not upload. The only work-around I know of at this point is to email the photo to myself and adjust size when making the attachment, then upload the file from the email. Not difficult per se, but just enough work it keeps me from posting as many photos as I would like to. Of course, I post more photos than most :).

Chris
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?

"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

I always save photos to my hard drive on my desk top. from there I can edit them, and save in a smaller format for posting very easy. than I upload directly from my work station. I do not think it wise to save photos only on your phone, could break, get lost or stolen. and it is a lot easier to edit them from my desk top work station screen than from my phone.

I really hate doing things from my phone, bigger screen with real keyboard much nicer to use. If your only internet access is your phone than you are handicapped in many ways when it comes to posting anything other than just text.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

I will adjust the size up to 7 megs per photo.
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
NWMO
Highest Ranking Member

Post by NWMO »

Thank you very much!
Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart"

In remembrance of my friend ARCHINSTL:

T4WD augury?

Mark Twain
gnarnold
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 SR5 4x4 with a tummy tuck and a nose job and now a pace maker!

Post by gnarnold »

Petros wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:01 pm I always save photos to my hard drive on my desk top. from there I can edit them, and save in a smaller format for posting very easy. than I upload directly from my work station. I do not think it wise to save photos only on your phone, could break, get lost or stolen. and it is a lot easier to edit them from my desk top work station screen than from my phone.

I really hate doing things from my phone, bigger screen with real keyboard much nicer to use. If your only internet access is your phone than you are handicapped in many ways when it comes to posting anything other than just text.
Well I feel that if your only internet source is the library.you might as well join the circus .because library internet sucks. And I'm not talking happy ending here either.
I used to laugh at the man with a pinto :lol: , until I became a humble servicer of a tercel :|
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

FYI, photobucket recently changed their stance on this. All my old pics are now visible on here once again, just with a "hosted by photobucket" logo on them. I'm fine with that, and am happy that the pics are useful to people once again.
rocketscience
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 4WD SR5

Post by rocketscience »

I was just thinking that it might be a good idea to save some of the repair guides or more extensive posts with images as pdf's (simply print it as a pdf) so if it happens again they would be easy to reproduce. Looks like they all have a little paper clip by the title. There are a lot of non-photo bucket photos that are dead already too. I wouldn't mind spending some time doing it.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

or rehost them here, as attachments

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
rocketscience
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1983 4WD SR5

Post by rocketscience »

yeah, then you could zoom in and view the whole image. printing them as pdf's would be faster though.