Husky Ratcheting Wrench Set Sale At Home Depot

Look around here for some great advice on getting the most out of your tools! Tips and tricks!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Husky Ratcheting Wrench Set Sale At Home Depot

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Home Depot has a special "Christmas Only" sale going on at its brick-and-mortar stores ONLY.
I was told it was limited to the number on hand at each store, but dunno if true.
These are $20 and are available in both metric and SAE sizes.
The Metric is 8 - 10 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 17.
The pack's "selling holder" is pretty heavy plastic and can be used to hang the tools on pegboard and has deep slots to hold them in place - and even two darts whose ends can be clipped to further secure the tools to the pack - pretty clever!

Following is the info on the $55 and $40 versions; the $20 set is NOT on HD's website.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... ing+wrench
The only differences I could tell between the three sets - apart from the big price difference - are that the $20 "Special Sale Only" set does not have a reversing lever (gotta flip 'em over), is a 12-point, and is straight on both ends.
The $55 set has the reversing lever, is 6-point, and has a 15° offset on the closed end.
The $40 set has the same specs as the $55 set, at least per the website, so am puzzled on their differences.
Both of the expensive sets state they include a flex-head wrench, but the size is not specified nor shown. I forgot to check this in the store to see if it truly includes an eighth wrench.

For half the cost, I did not think the reversing and offset features were worth the price difference. The 6-point feature would have really been nice v. the 12-pointers, but... The $20 set still has HD's Lifetime Warranty.
Tom M.

Left-click to enlarge
Attachments
Husky Ratcheting Set.jpg
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain