Toolmonger Tool Talk Site

Look around here for some great advice on getting the most out of your tools! Tips and tricks!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Toolmonger Tool Talk Site

Post by ARCHINSTL »

This is an interesting site I discovered whilst doing some research on an odd bench vise I have:
http://toolmonger.com/about/
Pretty neat, with all kinds of talk about all kinds of tools, tips on their uses, and sources.
It's pretty wide - something to explore if you want to while away a few hours.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Toolmonger Tool Talk Site

Post by takza »

Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Pretty neat!
Of recent memory (OK, my sometimes-functioning memory), there was the early '60s Brit Marcos GT, which used a plywood subframe.
I also seem to recall an Italian (?) woodcarver who made a number of wooden cars - nothing like the Splinter on the link you supplied, though! Wow!
I note that the Splinter was pictured on a carrier deck - wonder why? There is also a pix next to a Mosquito - a link to the Marcos, as Frank Costin (yes, that Costin) was a designer of the Mosquito was also an early principal in the Marcos Company.

Off-subject a bit - here is a link to a Wikipedia site that lists about 400 (!) defunct BritMobileManufacturers' Wiki sites - fascinating for the BritMobile voyeurs among us! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:D ... ed_Kingdom
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...