The BEST Torque Wrench - Bar None !

Look around here for some great advice on getting the most out of your tools! Tips and tricks!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

The BEST Torque Wrench - Bar None !

Post by ARCHINSTL »

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tork-grip.html
Tom M.
PS: Mike, this Bud's for you 8)
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

now that is pretty damn cool !! :)

i can't figure why i've never seen this site before !! TONS of useful stuff for us cycling enthusiast. i esp. like the real MAN saddles.....since i tend to prefer padded shorts to padded saddles. i once had a customer (male) who asked if we stocked saddles that he could hang his prostate through. i almost fell over in the floor laughing.
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Now there's a guy with a prostate.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: The BEST Torque Wrench - Bar None !

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Finally found a photo of the thread's title tool.
This was a tool we used in my (now-closed) bicycle store. It worked with all fastener sizings, whether Metric for modern bikes, SAE for old American crocks, or Whitworth for BritBikes. We were able to toss all of the sockets, thereby saving valuable pegboard space.
The readings on the scale are not visible.
They are: Loosey-Goosey, Finger Tight, Thumb Tight, Pretty Tight, Real Tight, Real Damn Tight, %@!$# Tight, and finally, Stripped.

And just one swing functioned to drive off Dobermans while riding along country roads - kinda like playin' poodle polo.
Like the Stanley Locking Adjustable Wrench, this tool vendor only dropped by on the First of April.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain