Restocking the most used "tools"?

Look around here for some great advice on getting the most out of your tools! Tips and tricks!
jed
My tercel:: 84 tercel sr5, 6 speed, forged gear shift, happy face timing cover, barber pole drive shaft

Re: Restocking the most used "tools"?

Post by jed »

for single sockets and wrenches the best bet is usually pawn shops. i like the ones closer to bail bonds than crack neighborhoods. with crack heads you just get harbor freight and great neck, which work as a socket and a hammer, but never as a socket, then hammer, then socket again.
kamiphloj
Top Notch Member

Post by kamiphloj »

At home,I use a Kennedy rolling toolbox(30 years as a machinist,I bought a few!).
Big,flat drawers with carpet in them so things don't scoot.Wrenches are laid out in a spread,each one with a place.
1/2 and 3/8 drive sockets are on Snapon sticks
My beloved 1/4 drive set is a proto in a molded poly case.
Anything not put away looks like a missing tooth.
This is for the home shop.
For road tools,a tool roll is good.Bucket boss makes some,and I saw some in a Duluth Catalogue(great source for rivet in suspender buttons to help rid the world of the plumber's vertical smile)
Or,grab a dead pair of Levis or Carharts and make one to suit you.Rides in the Jack well.
Tool rolls are great!!
Like my old Volvo 544 with 4wd.I seldom regret neversieze or threadlocker
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

kamiphloj wrote:"... to help rid the world of the plumber's vertical smile)"
It took a minute - but it was quite a chuckle.
:lol:
Thanks.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain