Tool Talk Topics

Look around here for some great advice on getting the most out of your tools! Tips and tricks!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Tool Talk Topics

Post by ARCHINSTL »

This is a sub-forum I suggested to icE because I found it on a Miata site whilst searching for some info on Harbor Freight clamshell spring compressors.

To quote from the Miata site:
"Information on tools and where to find them. This is not for "How to do a xx job" discussions.
This is just about the tools."

The link to that site's sub-forum is http://forum.miata.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=23, if you want to peruse the topics. There is some excellent information contained therein. It runs the gamut from tool brand/type/sourcing to garage floor coatings to tool reviews (these Miata folk are quite gregarious and seemingly more pecunious than us Tercel addicts).
There is a dizzying array of forums and sub-forums in that Club - and it has something like 49 thousand members...

I may move some of our existing threads to this new sub-forum; suggestions are welcome.
Tom M.
EDIT:
I've been perusing this Miata Forum for some time now and, not dissin' US, there are some really clever and smart folks posting in the Tool Section, with some pretty erudite discussions. Gonna have to look at some of their Maintenance postings as well.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain