Larry's tercel gets a 20v Black Top

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 tercel v20 B/T (The ROCKET)98 toyota t100

Re: Larry's tercel gets a 20v Black Top

Post by larry mcgrath »

Sunday went for a ride through Yellowstone Park and over beartooth pass elevation 10947 ft car has still has a lot o power even at that altitude and 94 degrees. put 390 miles on got 33.2 mpg not bad for 80 mph most of the way,this sure is fun to drive :D :D
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

Went to the PSTOC car show in tacoma on the 2nd of Sept, had a real good time met a bunch of guys that are real Toyota people Quite a place Girots Grage, CLEAN place, WOW .There were 178 cars there for the show so I was told. It was nice to have people look at my Tercel and apreciate it for what it is. As soon as I opened the hood a bunch of people mobed the car to look and ask questains, won 3 awards farthest travled best Tercel, but best of all best engine build. Ansered a ton of questains from people on how this was done, a lot of questains. Stoper at Synths place for a few beers,and some good Tercel B/S with him and his roomies. Drove up to see Petros,stayed with him for 2 days,spent a day at the pick n pull, came away with 4 real nice door panels ,center councels all in black and nice shape, also a tilt steering column and larger sun visors (thanks to petros ). Checked out some rivers around petros place ,samlon- steel head wernt in yet, headed home to montana. All in all I had a real good time. Met a real nice guy who won best MR2 in the show who is sending me a leather steering wheel from his car for a starter from my v20 b/t great trade. Larry
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

pix
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

nice pics, and congrats on the wins, larry. i want to see the lady you got to hug though, hubba hubba.

did you get to victora and butchart gardens? hope you got my email with info in time.
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

DBL made it to the gardens,totaly un belivable the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, and I'v been around quite a lot w'ell be back, maby in the spring to see the Japaneese garden in the rain and mist. trip was 2700 miles had a great time . this is the only pix(I think you'll understand .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

meeooowwwwwww
4doorVIP
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1988 SR5 Wagon

Post by 4doorVIP »

wow I've never seen a tercel so shiney... nice wins man
synths tercel looks nice and rugged

also........Image
2JZGTE-powered Tercel SR5
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

VERY sanitary - Congrats, Larry!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

Thanks guys, I've entered this in some local shows and no one even gives it a second look,was nice to garner a little respect for what it took ao get this done. Thanks again.
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Post by SynthDesign »

Good times and Damn Larry!, that car is quick!

Again, Amazing job and great to see you again. You're welcome here anytime!
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

Decited to up grade my exhaust to a 2 1/2" mandrel bent tubing freeflowing set up (thanks to the use of a friends 2 post lift tough to do laying on your back and a lot quicker) with a magniflow stainless muffler ,will have this finished tomorrow willpost some pix of the complete setup instaled. Notice the difference between the old 2" muffler shop bent setup verses my new setup.
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

Some pix of my 2 1/2" exhaust, heat deflector for master cylinder. Planing to do a clutch up grade,my 1998 Corolla clutch is going away, no suprise, new center carier bearing,tilt steering column, electric rear hatch lock, new low milage rear end. Hopefuly in the works power door locks and power windows.Larry.
4doorVIP
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1988 SR5 Wagon

Post by 4doorVIP »

I'm in for sound clips !
2JZGTE-powered Tercel SR5
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

here are some pix of my project. replaced the third member with a new one with 75,000 miles on it (the old one had a lot of slack in the ring and pinion ) new gasket cleaned out the housing and axel tubes,serviced with 80/90 gear lube. All ready had instaled new axel bearings and seals. replaced the carrier bearing with a federal moog bearing that was made in Japan (the last one was made hell knows where (China) didn't last 5,000 miles . I'm in the process of up dating the head lights,instaled the new housings,need to buy the bulb conversion kits what are you guys running DC or AC voltage kits which works out the best ------- I realy dont like doing things twice----- Pulled the trany cause the clutch was'nt dis-engaging like it did at first, this has a real nice feeling clutch set up, sent the flywheel,clutch pressure plate to Clutch MASTERS in Billings MT to have it checked to make sure that it was working right, and it is. the priblem it the clutch cable getting to hot running close to the exhaust manifold. After looking around at this I've decited to have a custom cable made that will be 9'' longer so it can be routed under the exhaust manifold ,over the starter and away from the heat. Thats what the guy in Finland did that ice races a tercel that he converted to 4x4 with our driveline and a 16v 4age. the tilt steering column works nice had to use my steering shaft with the tilt mechanism to enable me to use the u-joint that I had shortened to clear the exhaust. Plan on pulling the header and wraping it with fiber glass tape. I'll post pix in the next post, I dont want to loose this post Larry:
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

been trying to post pix for some reason it wont work!!!!!!