Larry's tercel gets a 20v Black Top

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Re: Larry's tercel gets a 20v Black Top

Post by SynthDesign »

Larry, your car is soooo amazing! So awe inspiring to see in person.
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 tercel v20 B/T (The ROCKET)98 toyota t100

Post by larry mcgrath »

Synth : I owe you a public appolegy for not taking you for a ride in my car, I'm realy sorry for being so stupid and in sentsive for not giving YOU of all people a thrill ride realy, realy inconsertate and I appoligise for being such a dumb ass Sorry!!! YOU are the reason that I did this swap,your posts were invalable to be able to get this done without your help I would not have got this done, and thats no BULL SHIP again i'm SORRY. Please forgive me. This is all I thought about all the way home. Again I'm realy sorry for being such an ASS Larry
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Post by SynthDesign »

Larry,
No worries my friend. You're no A$$, but a scholar and a gentleman. I new you were short on time to make your stops for your son. It's all good. Another time soon. The peel out from the Gas station was pretty epic too btw!

Also, did you find that Russian Beers you were looking for?
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

Found the beers in evert but they could'nt sell them to me to-go. Bar tender wes a realy nice guy went on line and found a bar in Redmond that the right liquer licsence 64.00 $ for 6 beers!!!!!!! rather [picy, I sure hope these are GOOOOOOD
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

larry mcgrath wrote:Found the beers in evert but they could'nt sell them to me to-go. Bar tender wes a realy nice guy went on line and found a bar in Redmond that the right liquer licsence 64.00 $ for 6 beers!!!!!!! rather [picy, I sure hope these are GOOOOOOD
that's over $10/beer! wowee. i hope those russians make a tasty one.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

do not buy beer "to-go" in a bar, they just charged you the same as if they serving them to you one at a time. Some of the better supplied supermarkets would have had it for much less. Many years ago when I lived in Southern California, we to go down to Tijuana, Mexico for the day, and enjoy that brand down there when we went out to eat at about 25 cents a bottle. Corona was always known as the "beer from TJ". Could not bring more than one bottle across the border, so that limit was saved for Tequila. Now I see they sell it in many places, likely it is locally brewed under license, about $25-30 a case of 12 I would guess. BTW, the box you brought had 12, not six. So the price was not that bad. It is a smooth and light beer, I have not had any since I lived in California over 25 years ago, thanks for bringing it.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
danzo
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 6 speed

Post by danzo »

I get 18 Bud Light cans for 15 damn bucks. Deee-lish. Recycle cans for deaux in return. The End.
It's a scientific fact that in a twin engine aircraft, when one engine fails there is always enough power in the remaining engine to make it all the way to the crash site.
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

danzo I'm with you I drink naty light 30 pack 17.99 cheep
rer233
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Multiple

Post by rer233 »

how 'bout bud ice {5.5% alcohol} for $14.99/ 30 pack- most bang for the buck i' ve found!
if it aint there, there's a good chance it won't break!
83 SR5 Silver/Blue (Snowmobile/work beater)-totaled but drivable
85 SR5 Blue
88 SR5 White (the 'good' one)-not anymore-totaled
87 fwd silver wagon a/t
87 4wd dx Cream (a/t- not anymore- now m/t)
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

Post by toughtercel »

larry mcgrath wrote:Synth : I owe you a public appolegy for not taking you for a ride in my car, I'm realy sorry for being so stupid and in sentsive for not giving YOU of all people a thrill ride realy, realy inconsertate and I appoligise for being such a dumb ass Sorry!!! YOU are the reason that I did this swap Larry
That alright , at least I heard the screaming T4WD take off . Pretty cool . That what i like about this forum , we all help each other even for me which I am planning to convert T4WD into Rear wheel drive with bigger motor , I know I am going need lot of help from you guys in the future . For now lots of people confusing by the Emblems I install , " Handling by LOTUS " they thought I have "Twins Cams motor " like yours, ha . Hey Larry there older Lotus "Europa" had a Emblems say " Twins Cams " or it better your car become a "Sleeper ". And thank you for your Lonnnng drive from Montana to see the car .
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

Tough I realy like your Lotus badges never saw them bofore I think their unique to say the least. Took a run to fish the Madison River in Yellow Stone Park today 330 miles a beautiful day,fishing was great catching sucked -landed 2 fish, ran the car up to 105 mph enough of that till I up grade tires and wheels cruses realy nice at 80mph. I wish it would run at 5500 ft like it does at sea level, if all of you lived at this altitude you all would burn your car for lack of power, it realy is noticeable. Engine has 1920 miles on it,ready for i'ts first oil change. this swap realy was worth the effort, makes the car a real fun car to drive, and a real sleeper :lol: :lol: :lol: Larry
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

Just instaled LED lights in the tercel 16 led's on a 31mm base, bought them for about 6.96 for 6 ea thats a little more than a buck a piece. {their polaeity sensitive,work one way in the socket and not the other} quite a bit brighter. I changed all the lights in my camper last year and i've been realy happy with them ever since. look up 31 mm led lights on e_bay and you'll find them Changed oil filter today every thing looks good. Miked the ft rear sway bars so i can get some urethane bushings
to stiffen up the suspension. any advice out there about doing this. Larry :D
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

LED lights ebay look up 2x white 16 led car festoon interior light bulbs 31 mm Paid 5.85$ for 6 bulbs with free freight seller is Super360shop this is where i got these.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

Before you replace suspension parts, first make sure you have good quality front and rear shocks, and all of the ball joints, tie-rod ends, and other parts are in good condition, your alignment is good, and you replace the flexy 13" stock steel wheels with 14 or 15" allow wheels with low profile tires. Do that and you will find it behaves a lot better at high speeds. The stock rubber bushings are not too bad if they are in good condition. you could likely get the rear springs and anti-swap bar, and a lot of other rear suspension parts, to fit from the RWD corolla GTS (AE86). If you want to go more stiff than that, try polyurethane bushings from:

http://toyheadauto.com/PerformancePages ... hings.html

BTW, I recently saw the Corona light in the supermarket for $14.99 for an 18 pack. Not sure I can stomach too much Bud lite
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

Petros The front end was all rebuilt last year shocks and struts are KYB G2 I rebuilt every thing. the rear end suspension is next drag links sway bar ect.