Larry's tercel gets a 20v Black Top

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Re: Larry's tercel gets a 20v Black Top

Post by SynthDesign »

Video tape that stuff! We wanna see it! Great job BTW!
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 tercel v20 B/T (The ROCKET)98 toyota t100

Post by larry mcgrath »

Spent the day sanding and preping plenum for paint,black for now, blue later. the reason I went with a custom built radiator is this engine runs 165 horse power 11 to 1 compression and the origional car that these engines come out of have a large capacity cooling system (my 3a had a severely milled head that always ran a little on the hot side, even with a 180 degree thermostat and operating fan) the radiator was built by a friend of mine who ownes a rad shop 336.00 real nice piece. After market fan fits realy nice,good clearence. Hind sight is always 20/20 better safe than sorry.Looking forward to running the A/C without a real drag on the engine. I'm just about out of things to doo,until the header shows up,would like to put the dash back together BUT if you know what I mean to take it back apart. Synth thanks for the up Larry :D :D Synth give me a call to explain how to post a vedio :D
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Post by SynthDesign »

Larry, will give you a call this weekend. And it's all about Youtube.com for videos. That way you can just post the link everywhere and most phones now-a-days can even watch it from there.

Here's mine. http://www.youtube.com/user/4DigitaFodder
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

Just finished instaling plenum with air filter mod, radiator and cooling fan (works nice off original wireing) and a/c condenser serviced all the fluids. This bad boy is ready to start.canseled the header from ebay ,b/o 21 days is long enough. reordered one from Summit ,suposidly in stock be here Thursday or Friday we'll see.a few pix Larry: :D :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lil Beast
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 81 tercel sr5 GTS (4age RWD and 4WD application on build up for the moment) now im running a 3a with weber 32 dmsa 100,corolla gts front suspension, sway bar and steering, troush exhaust

Post by Lil Beast »

Wow nice work Larry! I got to give myself a kick in the @##! I'm waiting for my clutch! I figured I need the engine in before continuing with my intake, just in case of fitting issues! 3 more weeks wait, ouch! I think it's custom, they advertise the stage 4 available in 3,4 or 6 puck disc! The guy messaged me back saying it's too small to make 3 and 4 puck, wanted the 4 but I'll have to live with the 6 puck! I'm definitely going your route with the flywheel if the clutch fails! Not enough choice for clutches with the 3a flywheel!
BTW it looks good!
Dont let your eyes to fool you!!!

Labine R.
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

Lil: what kind of mount does your PACEsetter header have for O2 senser ? threaded or flange mount Thanks . Summit clames my header was shipped today,I'SURE hope so.
Lil Beast
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 81 tercel sr5 GTS (4age RWD and 4WD application on build up for the moment) now im running a 3a with weber 32 dmsa 100,corolla gts front suspension, sway bar and steering, troush exhaust

Post by Lil Beast »

There is a threaded one on top of cylinder 4 for the EGR and a flanged one for the stock O2 sensor!

Labine R.
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

Thanks a bunch . so bored PUSHED the car into driveway and washed it.Talk about FU-------------------ked UP. OH WELL.
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

Just got a tracking number from Summit for fedx header should be here friday Yeah !!!!!!!
Lil Beast
Top Notch Member

Post by Lil Beast »

Got a tracking for my clutch as well this morning! Will be a little longer cause of customs!

Labine R.
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

YES the 20v Black /TOP is alive and verry well,started on the first crank SOUNDS GREAT a little loud comming right out of the collector BUT SWEET great water temp,oil press smooth engine,revs like its on FIRE ,great throttle responce no hesitation at all, idles down nice verry smooth and quiet Clutch seems to work just fine made 6 trips around the block.need to finish ex system tomorrow . tac doesnt work needs a little trouble shooting to fix. Now I can put the interiour back together. engine seems to have great power and torque verry responsive :D :D :D This has been a lot of work,but I'll half to say i've enjoyed the chalange and I'm quite pleased with the results.This is going to be one HELL of a lot of fun to drive.It's kinda neet to have done the first 20v BLACK/TOP in a tercel4x4 sr5 in the USA. :D :D :D Larry :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Lil Beast
Top Notch Member

Post by Lil Beast »

Nice work Larry! how did the header fit? Glad you got it to work on 1st. Crank, must of put a huge smile on your face lol! Couple of weeks I estimated on my clutch! Customs always takes forever it will be sitting there at least a week!

Labine R.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

congrats, larry! once it's all done you should take some vids or have someone take them of you driving it. i'd really like to see some performance footage of one of these.
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

LIL hadto cut off the two outer header flange mount holes and relocate them,had to heat up the one ex pipe closest to starter and put an indent in it to clear steering u-oint,cut colector,to repo it downward for more floor board clearence and weld on about 3" to colector then cut weld colector extension to move it up ward for ground clearence fits nice. Have some video of the start up I'll post later Going to need to reroute some wireing around battery box for clearence (put fire sleve over clutch cable -we'll see) need to fab heat shield for a/c lines ect.It will take a little wile before this is totaly road worthy,need to blead brakes,finish ex before a good road test. post pix in a bit Larry: :D :D :D
larry mcgrath
Highest Ranking Member

Post by larry mcgrath »

Exaust pix Larry :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.