are these the real deal cv axles

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
solarlord
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 4wd Swiss model

are these the real deal cv axles

Post by solarlord »

tom/dave /petros- are these any good for a 87 terc -the pair i was after in the uk came to a dead end i am now faced with a choice to ship from Aus or the US = Any way there are a number on USA ebay that look promising what do you think of these-thanks derek http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NOS-Cardone-CV-Ax ... ccessories
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: are these the real deal cv axles

Post by ARCHINSTL »

These are not new axles, but rebuilt ones. The price is not that great, either. The warranty is worthless when you consider that if/when probs arise, YOU would be the one paying the freight back and forth across the Atlantic.
If you have to source from the US - try Advance Auto or Rock Auto for GSP axles - they are new.
Speaking of which - did you ever make contact with the GSP European contact/boss whose info I sent you? I'd think the shipping from the European mainland would be cheaper.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

STAY AWAY! this is the third cardone reman i have put in my terc in the last year and it clunks when i turn right while accelerating up a hill, just like the previous ones. total garbage. i actually called the store i got it from today and am getting them to refund me and either find a new axle or send me elsewhere. i'm sick of swapping CVs.
solarlord
Top Notch Member

Post by solarlord »

david-tom- thanks again - will try GSP again - i thought the cardone stuff looked naff- what about this guy (axle store) he says they are new!- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0480162548
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Well, the price for two (R & L) axles of USD95 (UK £58) is pretty good, but...
The seller does not state the brand - to me, that is off-putting. To my knowledge, the only new ones available in the USA are GSP and EMPI (the latter gets good reviews as well from members). If they ARE "new," he should state the brand, as it is only good marketing.
The price seems exceedingly low for NEW axles - the GSP axles go for app. +/- USD140 (UK £85) per pair, plus shipping.
I have a feeling the shipping and "handling" costs are where the seller will "make up" for the low cost.
Again - if probs arise - you are at least 3K miles away...
I am chary about this deal...

If no results from the European contact - go back to my original post on this and send an email to the US VP in the post. Again - if no luck from the Euro guy - contact Advance Auto here and Rock Auto here and ask about shipping to the UK. I just cannot believe someone in Europe would not have these - heck, the French members here have to have a source - they are quite "aggressive" in using their Tercs. Send them some PMs.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

Post by toughtercel »

by looking at the picture ,it pretty long and beside it said "TERCEL (CAN) (2) 1984-1985" why that year only instead of 1983-1986 or 87
solarlord
Top Notch Member

Post by solarlord »

ALL points taken -(this guy does want $160 for shipping) will try Auto rock and GSP EURO - by the way the french source seems to be OZ(new parts) but the shipping cost and axles come to $500- derek
solarlord
Top Notch Member

Post by solarlord »

TOM ive found the orginal thread--- info@gsp-europe.com part numbers ncv69005 and ncv69006 - thanks will give it a go -ive also got the guys number
solarlord
Top Notch Member

Post by solarlord »

tried AUTO ROCK they are offering EMPI axles £190 for 2 shipped to uk- thats the best deal yet- what are EMPI like(rubbish or good) ??? thanks
they have cardones but think david has made a point (they are crap)