Transmission Gasket and other parts search

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
So_Powerful
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel 4wd

Transmission Gasket and other parts search

Post by So_Powerful »

I'm replacing the transmission on my car because I got rear-ended in September and it is stuck in gear. I'm looking for some parts that I'm having a hard time locating. Toyota wasn't very hepful most of the parts I requested are obsolete or not in stock. I'm looking for a Shifter Boot - 3355516030, Shifter gasket - 3358496010, Oil seal front input - 9031126001, Transmission gasket - 33116-16010, Bushing rear transmission - 9099972022, and rear oil seal - 9031132010. If anyone could help me out in pointing me in the right direction to be able to track these down I would greatly appreciate it.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: Transmission Gasket and other parts search

Post by dlb »

So_Powerful wrote:Transmission gasket - 33116-16010
where is this one located on the trans?
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I just punched in the numbers on Butler Toyota's site and came back with all either in stock or available, save the shifter gasket (I made note of this back in 2009). You will have to make the gasket - no biggie.
Now - it is in Indianapolis, IN; dunno about shipping to Canada, but you might try it.
My contact is Dan Egan at toyoemparts@butlerauto.com. The website is http://www.toyotaoemparts.com. The phone is 888-890-6942. If you call, mention "Tom in St. Louis."
It has parts at a good discount, AND - they don't laugh at requests for parts for old crocks. Others have had good results with Conicelli Toy in PA.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

butler does not ship to canada. i have called and asked them. big bummer.
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Post by Petros »

you will have to have someone near the Canadian border buy the parts, you cross the boarder and than ship them the rest of the way. That would be the cheapest way to ship parts to Canada from the USA.

I have shipped a few small parts from the Seattle area to British Columbia, just over 100 miles, and it cost more than shipping it to Florida or Hawaii. But since none of these parts are very large anyone can ship from the US to Canada through USPS, you just have to declare the value (by filling out a form) and pay a duty. Not a big deal but I suspect Butler does not want to mess with the paperwork, and they may have some kind of agreement not to undersell the CAnadian Toyota dealers.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)
So_Powerful
Top Notch Member

Post by So_Powerful »

you will have to have someone near the Canadian border buy the parts, you cross the boarder and than ship them the rest of the way. That would be the cheapest way to ship parts to Canada from the USA.
Perhaps I will have to take this route. Would someone be willing to do this with me?

That gasket you are wondering about davidlucasbarnes is between the transaxle and transmission.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Just to make sure it's clear on the shifter gasket - see http://www.tercel4wd.com/forums/viewtop ... ing#p33773
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
So_Powerful
Top Notch Member

Post by So_Powerful »

Just to make sure it's clear on the shifter gasket - see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4556&p=33773&hilit=contemplating#p33773
I read this thread already. I know the gasket isn't a very essential to be replaced but I figured if they were still around I would just get a new one. If I can't then I will just use the old one or find one at the wreckers that is in good condition.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

speaking of such things, when you guys changed your gear oil did you replace the drain plug gaskets? i neglected to and have since found my trans is dripping--ever so slowly but nonetheless. if you guys replaced yours, did you go with the OE thing or generic?
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I used generic with no probs.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
4doorVIP
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1988 SR5 Wagon

Post by 4doorVIP »

Hey guys where is the tranny fluid dipstik located? I can't find it anywhere?! lol
2JZGTE-powered Tercel SR5
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

The MT uses a digital dipstick - your finger in the hole...
Sorry, but I just could not resist.

It has no dipstick - you just fill it until the oil flows out the filler hole - hopefully 4.1 quarts/3.9 liters in the MT transaxle; the AT differential takes 1.0 quart/0.95 liter.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

Post by toughtercel »

I have been buying Toyota part at Bellingham , and they are very help full , I sent E-Mail to them, what part I need and price are almost 50% cheapier , Anyway if any one want parts from Bellingham , I will be glad to help, pick up the parts you order and pay for them first and I delievery to Canada or drive to you home in Lower mainland and Van Island (depends) I will be there this August
So_Powerful
Top Notch Member

Post by So_Powerful »

I would be grateful if you could pick a part up for me but I've decided to see if the gasket that is on the original transmission is in good shape and maybe just use that again. If it is garbage I will use the spare gasket. It's torn, but it's torn at the top of the transmission so I might just use silicon gasket sealer and use that one. I would really like to get a new shifter boot though. I hate when my shifter sticks at all, so if I can seal that all in nicely with a boot that would make me happy.