4wd tercel wanted on vancouver island

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
aarontr17
My tercel:: 87

4wd tercel wanted on vancouver island

Post by aarontr17 »

Hi everyone!
I'm looking to buy a 4wd tercel. I Have a 2wd tercel right now, and my girlfriend and I love it (took it down the baja last winter without a hitch!). But I really want to find a 4wd. If anybody has any leads they would be greatly appreciated. I live on Vancouver island, but going over the mainland would be fine.
Thanks for your time,
Aaron
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: 4wd tercel wanted on vancouver island

Post by dlb »

hey aaron. this one needs a head gasket but if you're handy it's really that bad a job. it's in sooke, less than an hour outside of victoria.

http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/cto/2109169080.html

also, i have the # of a guy in port alberni that had an automatic for sale. the ad isn't up anymore but the last time i talked to him it was still available.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5927
aarontr17

Post by aarontr17 »

Yeah, I saw the one in Sooke, but decided against it. Thanks for the tip on the Port Alberni tercel, but I have to say I'm partial to standards.
Thanks for the tips though.
Cheers,
Aaron
Barto
Top Notch Member

Post by Barto »

Mine is still forsale
2001 Subaru Forester 2.5
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

no worries, i thought about the port alberni wagon too but automatic...i don't know. maybe if it wasn't a 3-spd. why would they make it with so few gears? i have little understanding of such things but to me it seems like a bad idea. lots of high revving to get to the next gear, and probably high revs at hwy speeds. i imagine that has to do with why the autos get considerably worse mileage.

did you go look at the one in sooke? i made an offer on it but the woman was waiting for someone who was coming to take a look and i hadn't heard back yet. i was gonna call her again soon.
aarontr17

Post by aarontr17 »

I didn't go and look at it. Still looking for the right opportunity. Hope your offer gets excepted!
Cheers,
Aaron
ps Just saw an add on craigslist vancouver,.....type in tercel 4wd, and you should be able to find it.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

i've seen that listing, it's been on and off of craigslist for a while. looks like an ugly, for sure. $550 is too much IMO.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

rodsax
My tercel:: 87 Toyota Tercel 4wd wagon

Post by rodsax »

I have an 87 4wd wagon with the 6 speed manual and factory working AC. It is very cleAn and has only one minor dent by the left front marker light. Not rusty but paint is faded. Low mileage replacement engine/transaxle. 2 sets of tires. What are you looking to spend? Thanks, rodsax
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

this just showed up on usedvic. not a tercel but the next best thing, it's one of the AWD corolla all-trac wagons:

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified- ... n_14149039

i'm taking a look on thursday if she still has it then. probably won't get it unless it's mint, thought i'd pass the info on to you.
aarontr17

Post by aarontr17 »

Thanks for the heads up. We actually owned a Corolla before our Tercel and loved it. I'm away right now, and wouldn't be able to go and look at it until next week sometime. It would be great to hear your opinion on it after you see it. Also check this out:
http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified- ... l_14167479
$7000!
39,000km!
Crazy!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

the seller just emailed me and the all-trac is already gone. it apparently had some rust around the hatch window but that was it, ran great, and had all the service records. not a steal for $2700 but a fair price.

$7000? sh*t, that's a new record for most expensive terc i've seen. maybe inflation is just climbing these days! but a) $7000 for a 24-yr old car that is not anything special is a joke, b) no picture for a $7000 vehicle is a joke, c) automatics are lame and get poor mileage--pass!

i'm sure one will turn up eventually. i check usedvic and craigslist almost daily.