FT/FS 1984 T4WD - 147,xxx - $1100 (Los Angeles)

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Fr3stylr
My tercel:: 1984 SR5

FT/FS 1984 T4WD - 147,xxx - $1100 (Los Angeles)

Post by Fr3stylr »

1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 Wagon
147,xxx miles
Preferably trade or $1100

Bought this car as a second vehicle and it has served me very well. While not the most beautiful thing to look at (assorted dents, cosmetic rust & peeling paint), it has been utterly reliable during the past several months for 40 mile daily commutes, excursions to the beaches at Pismo (absurdly aplumb) & for general cruising.

I won't waste your time, here's the bad:
- Aforementioned rust (nothing structural), dents & paint issues
- Minor oil leak (need to add some more oil once a month or so)
- AC doesn't work
- Hatch doesn't lock

Other Notables:
- 147,xxx miles
- Plaid seats up front + inclinometer are sweet
- Tires have 60-70% tread
- Has an electrical kill-switch which came into existence under a previous owner. I've never had to use it.
- Car feels strong. Slow, but strong. Idle hiccups every once in a blue moon, but has NEVER stalled.
- Roof rack

Bottom-line: low-mileage, 100% daily driver status, exterior about a 4, interior a strong 6+, off-road proven (beaches), and TONS OF LIFE LEFT.

Looking to trade for a motorcycle, pick-up or diesel contraption.

Located in L.A.

takza
Highest Ranking Member

Re: FT/FS 1984 T4WD - 147,xxx - $1100 (Los Angeles)

Post by takza »

Bet it is stuck in that sand...dry sand and T4WDs don't mix too well. Good buy though.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Fr3stylr
My tercel:: 1984 SR5

Post by Fr3stylr »

Thanks for the nod!

Surprisingly, this beast actually out-performed most of the vehicles we brought out to Pismo (put some SUV's to shame)! As long as you keep it moving, it just floats along the top of the sand...
papa smurf
My tercel:: 1984 4wd sr5 wagon

Post by papa smurf »

takza wrote:Bet it is stuck in that sand...dry sand and T4WDs don't mix too well. Good buy though.
I beg to differ. You didn't even have to keep this car moving. That EL gear makes the SR5 shockingly awesome on soft sand. If it only had the HP to haul up a dune...
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I've seen mine handle some kinds of dry sand...but in another case I stopped in some and even in EL there just wasn't enough torque to move it....while my truck with LO range can paddle thru deep dry sand even with street tires.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

blade
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: No tercel. (stolen)

Post by blade »

oh these cars ae awsome in the nice dry sand my car with the wide 14" tires dose awsome as it hauls the sand comb and there is no problem up or down hills os stoping in the deep sand