Tercel 4wd + parts near KC

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
Ogrekhan
My tercel:: 87 Tercel 4wd, rust dead

Tercel 4wd + parts near KC

Post by Ogrekhan »

Hey all,

Found a Tercel wagon 4wd for sale near KC Missouri during my daily search of craigslist. I called the guy and the car sounds like its a solid vehicle in need of minor work but still driving. He says its a 3 speed though?? Assuming he meant an auto but forgot to ask him . He also has a low milage motor/tranny hes selling. He says he wants somebody who will love the car to get it so I told him I'd post a link here. Oh and btw Hi! My first post lol. http://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/1939016763.html
Petros
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel4wd w/extensive mods

Re: Tercel 4wd + parts near KC

Post by Petros »

IT is overpriced if it needs work. These cars are so underpowered I would not consider an automatic unless you just can not drive a manual trans. The price for the used engine and trans he lists is also high, although he lists it as having very low miles, I can get a used engine with a 30 day guarantee for about $150 from the local yard. Similar for the trans for even less. There was never a 4 speed trans for these cars with 4wd, so it is either out of a 2wd version (and means it is worthless to this car if you want to keep the 4wd feature, the best part about these cars), or he is mistaken.

IF it was a good daily drive with no rust, and no mechanical issues, than that would be a reasonable price.
'87 Tercel 4wd SR5 (current engine swap project)
'84 Tercel 4wd (daily driver, with on going mods)
'92 Mazda MPV 4wd (wife's daily driver)
'85 Tercel 4wd DLX auto(daughter's daily driver)
'01 Honda Civic (other daughter's daily driver)