87 Tercel In Penticton - Overpriced

This forum is for cars that run, or at least are close to running. This isn't for parting out complete cars.
So_Powerful
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1985 Toyota Tercel 4wd

87 Tercel In Penticton - Overpriced

Post by So_Powerful »

http://kelowna.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1722982681.html

I thought maybe this person added one too many zeros on to the price. It doesn't look like anything fancy has been done to the exterior. I don't know how someone can think they can sell a car like that for that much.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Re: 87 Tercel In Penticton - Overpriced

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Looks like a generic (or stolen) photo; the ad states it is "bronze in color." And hardly any info.
Interestingly - the seller uses the USA spelling of "color" and not the Canadian version.
And a DLX to boot...
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
So_Powerful
Top Notch Member

Post by So_Powerful »

It does look like the Okanagan Valley though. I believe it might be a female also and probably doesn't really know what she is doing.
So_Powerful
Top Notch Member

Post by So_Powerful »

Found out who bought this car.

http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_Car_ ... lumbia&r=9

Don't understand why a dealership would have bought this car for $5000 and are selling it for $4995. This price is ridiculous also. The interior looks really nice though and there looks to be no rust.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I have the answer!
The luggage cover accounts for the extra $3000 - they are made from unobtainium, you know..
Hey - maybe when you walk into the dealership and the salesman asks "How can I earn your business?" you can tell him _____!
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
splatterdog
Highest Ranking Member

Post by splatterdog »

Could still be the best buy at a KIA(killed in action) dealership.....
So_Powerful
Top Notch Member

Post by So_Powerful »

ARCHINSTL wrote:I have the answer!
The luggage cover accounts for the extra $3000 - they are made from unobtainium, you know..
I was actually thinking the luggage cover was made out of adamatium so if the car ever explodes the only thing left that is usable is the luggae cover. Is unobtainium the metal from avatar.

I could also understand that Kia could just be trying to get there hands on any car they could potential sell that isn't a Kia because they can't sell any Kia's.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I know, I know - I am the only person in the Western (or any other) Hemisphere who has not seen Avatar...
"Unobtainium" is the term many bicycle wrenches (and other techs) used for the composition of parts that were impossible to obtain, thereby occasioning the purchase of a new component.
It is distantly related to "drillium," which was the term for the metal of drilled-out chainrings, cranks and other parts of a bicycle in the bad old days before carbon fibre and titanium. Always pretty, but frequently a cousin of "failium."
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
danzo
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 6 speed

Post by danzo »

ARCHINSTL wrote:I know, I know - I am the only person in the Western (or any other) Hemisphere who has not seen Avatar...
Happily I am not the only one who refuses that liberal garbage scantily disguised as a movie.

I'm sure that dealer didn't pay anywhere near 5 grand for that car. If they did, they won't be in biznatch much longer.
It's a scientific fact that in a twin engine aircraft, when one engine fails there is always enough power in the remaining engine to make it all the way to the crash site.
So_Powerful
Top Notch Member

Post by So_Powerful »

The lady who was selling it on kijiji had it posted at $5000 maybe she traded it in.
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Post by dlb »

avatar was, artistically, a complete piece of crap, but it was a rad flick to see in 3-D!

that interior is MINT, and the outside looks like it might be in excellent condition as well. but $5000? that's wack. it would have to be some poor senile old duffer who would go for that. i hope that never happens because it's a scam, really.
So_Powerful
Top Notch Member

Post by So_Powerful »

Here's the Kia dealership reply to my questioning. I believe I had asked how they thought they could sell a car like that for so much or something like that.

Kia replied:

I agree that the price might stop someone from purchasing a local no rust, good car that has been reconditioned with the 4wd feature.

If the car you purchased for $1900.00 is as good then you have a great deal.

I don't feel our price is out of line considering the condition (car has 178k on it) and work done. All our prices are somewhat negotiable but we do not have thousands of dollars to play with.

Thank-you for your inquiry, If you would like more pictures or info please contact me.