I need a Steering rack!

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Jasons83
My tercel:: 1983 soon not to be stock

I need a Steering rack!

Post by Jasons83 »

Like the title says I'm in Houston,TX, USA. I need a manual steering rack fir my 83 4x4 wagon. I just can't see paying 250 dollars for one. anyone have one for less ?
please let me know
danzo
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '86 SR5 6 speed

Re: I need a Steering rack!

Post by danzo »

There's a power rack in a yard here in Dallas, I can check how much they want and pull it if you want it. You can run a power rack without the hydraulic assist as a low cost option like I do. Finding a manual rack is going to be difficult since most were power assisted I believe. Let me know...

BTW, is your car the one maximo gave away for free a month or so ago?
It's a scientific fact that in a twin engine aircraft, when one engine fails there is always enough power in the remaining engine to make it all the way to the crash site.
Highlander
Top Notch Member

Post by Highlander »

I have one from my '83 the got crunched, the left steering arm MIGHT be bent (as that's where it was hit). I can look at it this weekend if you like and report back. The car had 360k miles on it, but drove fine- very little rust here in CO. PM me and we can talk price, no reason taking bandwidth and everyone else's time yapping. :wink:
'83 SR5-299K, -tRusty!
'85 SR5-265K--GOLD
'85 SR5-285K-- GOLD-New engine!
'85 SR5-238K -- Teal-Killed by a DD
'58 and '62 Austin-Healey Sprites
Jasons83
My tercel:: 1983 soon not to be stock

Post by Jasons83 »

no I traded my AE86 coupe for this car from alex. he's a member here. They had a rack in the car with a lifetime warr. but the Advance Auto parts store he got it from closed down and they don't know where the warranty info got transferred to. :cry:
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Jasons83 wrote:Like the title says I'm in Houston,TX, USA. I need a manual steering rack fir my 83 4x4 wagon. I just can't see paying 250 dollars for one. anyone have one for less ?
please let me know
So what's wrong with it?
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...