looking parts in France

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

looking parts in France

Post by toughtercel »

I was looking into other cars on-line then I notice Tercel 4Wd in France or some where in Europe , there a switch located below from rear defroster switch , what is that for , if something to do for lighting switch , is there possible i could buy couple used parts include connecter(harnest or adopter) and leave extra 6-8 inches length of wires.
Kumppari
My tercel:: 84 4wd

Re: looking parts in France

Post by Kumppari »

Rear fog light

Mandatory equipment atleast in here, and Im guessing pretty much everywhere in Europe aswell. It is a red light located in the plastic housing with the license plate and back-up light. It is somewhat birghter than them normal rear lights, and intended to be used during heavy fog, rain or other low visibility conditions. New trailers are also required to have them.

I dont have any extras, sorry.
My other toyota is a toyota (mr2 to be precise)
Ron B.
Advanced Member
My tercel:: 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5

Post by Ron B. »

toughtercel wrote:I was looking into other cars on-line then I notice Tercel 4Wd in France or some where in Europe , there a switch located below from rear defroster switch , what is that for .....
I have a German "Der Tercel Allrad" brochure and it shows the switch in a photo. As Kumppari stated, the switch is for the rear fog light. FYI, the icon for a rear fog light shows the light rays going to the right. The light rays go to the left for front fog lights.

I drove behind a Saab with its rear fog light on and it is VERY annoying. The light is about as bright as a brake light. I am glad it is not mandatory in the US.

Cheers!

Ron B. in Lake George, NY
'84 SR5 T4WD
Cheers!

Ron B. in Lake George, NY
'84 SR5 Wagon with 257k miles under partial restoration
'88 Fiero GT with 22k miles and driven daily
'65 Ford Econoline 5-window pickup under full restoration
Kumppari
My tercel:: 84 4wd

Post by Kumppari »

Ron B. wrote:I drove behind a Saab with its rear fog light on and it is VERY annoying. The light is about as bright as a brake light. I am glad it is not mandatory in the US.
I agree.
Its becoming rare to see them used in what they were intented to be used for. More common thing to do with them seems to be to tell the person driving behind that they have forgot their high beams on. Or as you said, annoying other people without even knowing it.There is/was even some car models that had two rear fog lights, positioned close to the actual brake lights. It was very hard to tell when they were actually braking.

I guess these things were more usefull and used in the old days when tail lights were not so good as they are in new cars.
My other toyota is a toyota (mr2 to be precise)
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

Post by toughtercel »

interest having fog light at rear , learn some thing new here , that what I thought the way I see a picture of light on the switch , last month I add extremely high beam light in my front fog light lens, and I am using extra rear defroster switch as for on/off light switch , work great but look funny having two rear defroster switch in my car , till you guy have light switch , well in case in auto wreck or some one have spare parts I be willing to buy two of those light switchs, thank you .
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Sold my 1987 Tercel Dlx 4x4 Wagon but miss driving it everyday. I don't miss working on it, though.

Post by hberdan »

Ron B. wrote: I drove behind a Saab with its rear fog light on and it is VERY annoying. The light is about as bright as a brake light. I am glad it is not mandatory in the US.
Yep, I have a Saab with a rear fog light, and I turn it on when some jackass tailgates me on the highway. They back off.
Useful, if used with serious discretion. Nope, I don't live in NY.
"I'm high on the real thing: Powerful gasoline, a clean windshield, and a shoeshine."