Just Lifted GTSsportcoupe's old T4 WITH PICTURES

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
Barto
Top Notch Member

Just Lifted GTSsportcoupe's old T4 WITH PICTURES

Post by Barto »

I'm sorry but i don't have pics yet but it is impressive

The car is owned by my good friend kevin. Since I don't have a tercel yet. I absolutely love them and have done a ton of research so his project has had some help from me.
We went to the junkyard and with our eyeballs doing the measuring found some toyota previa 4wd rear springs came home and they kinda fit but basically just got rid of the squat NO lift.
So back to the junkyard with the tercel springs and a tape measure. There were a few that would work depending on how stiff you want it. All but one need some modification to either the spring or car. 1980-1996 ford F-150 coils will work but need the bottom loop of the spring cut off same with aerostar coils. the f-150's will be super stiff the aerostars would be nice but they are bolted in where as pathfinder ones are not.So for ease of removal a the the pick'n'pull we went with the pathfinder coils. They are a perfect fit no mods necessary and are good for a solid 3-4" of lift and the ride is amazing. stock shocks however will not work but if you go to your local parts store and get 1980 ford T-bird rear shocks they are super cheap and fit perfectly. you just have to press out the bushing with a vice and replace with the stock shock lower bushing (very easy). These shocks go for 16$ each here in canada and have almost 10" of travel.

The rear sway bar removed it self on the first test run I guess it did not like the increased rear articulation. So even with no sway bar this thing handles better then ever. The spring rate of the pathfinder coils is great....... For the front we did coil boosters for now as the front spacers are not yet finished. Got some free audi 14" alloys and 195/70/14 nordic snow tires for traction and there is no rubbing whatsoever.This thing is unreal at the hill climbs, but the weber sure doesen't like it.........

I will try to get pics up today oh and if GTSsportcoupe reads this could you post up some pics from when you had it as we forgot to get some before shots. :)

Cheers barto
2001 Subaru Forester 2.5
Barto
Top Notch Member

Re: Just Lifted GTSsportcoupe's old T4 WITH PICTURES

Post by Barto »

Pictures As promised sorry it took so long
This is with the 4 stock tires in the back so it is acctually about 3/4-1" higher

and In Action

Now we are just waiting to get the spacers in the front they should almost level it out. Should be Great!

And anyone that is interested in doing this ask any questions that you may have
@ full flex (lol) there is no rubbing anywhere with the 195/70/14's so i think that we may try a 205/75 or 195/75 with some 1/4" wheel spacers.

2001 Subaru Forester 2.5
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Awesome!! Nice work guys. I love the lift and the new wheels. Nice to see you guys using it for what it's made for too. I'll try to post some before pics soon. I just have to setup a photobucket account.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
SynthDesign
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: The General, 85 SR5 w/ Sunroof,Olive Drab paint, Black Interior, custom steel bumpers, Barto BC lift, 1.67L BUILT 3AC w/ Weber Carb. 346,000 miles and counting since restoration

Post by SynthDesign »

Nice.
Thanks for the vehicle references too.
Vintage and Classic Toyota; Have you loved your Toyota today?
2016 Toyota Tacoma Quad Cab LB TRD OffRoad
2005 Toyota Sienna, work van
85 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd (The General)
85 Toyota Tercel GTS 4wd (4AGE Swap)
85 Toyota MR2 (Blu)
83 Mazda RX-7 Mariah Widebody
My tercel:: 1986, 4 door wagon 4WD, lifted, 14" rims, exhaust,webber, what else do you need!/1978 datsun 280z 4psd, shaved head, custom cold air, k&n,custom 2.5 exhuast,header,custom fuel system, racing seats.

Post by 8432 »

From the owner of the tercel above: If anyone has a good front left fender in victoria My number is (250) 477-4413. I hope to get it into new paint by end of summer.

Thanks Kevin.