low quality pics of my beast.

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
alex16
My tercel:: 1983 6speed a/c, towbar, hitch, sr5

low quality pics of my beast.

Post by alex16 »

I used my phone to take some pics of my fully legal mini land rover.

I finally put the P225-70R14 goodyear wranglers (i prefer BFG but I got these with 8k miles on them for 150$) It is lifted 1 1/2 inches from what it was, prob about 1/2 inch over stock due to weak springs (new springs will be coming in a few months hopefully.) It has great ground clearance now with the wranglers. I have a lot of fun with this little car and I want a newer model car because the tercel is a "pretty lady" but oh well I still love it!

(all of my fenders are rolled on the inside to keep from cutting up the tires)

YES i NEED turn signal lens I stole the ones off of my 86 toyota truck but they werent a perfect match, close enough to pass inspection though, if anybody has some extra's let me know.
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Re: low quality pics of my beast.

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Wow, looks mean! Does the engine have enough power to turn that large a tire?
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
Neu
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 SR5 No Mods

Post by Neu »

For the turn lights, goto a junkyard and grab all of the ones off the tercels. I seriously have to put new ones on every month. I'll hit mud and they'll be shattered. Stupid design.
tercelboy
My tercel:: 1985 toyota tercel 4wd wagon silver with power steering and 1985 4wd wagon sr5 no power steering green

Post by tercelboy »

4 the licence plate just take some long screws to go into the foam and bend it around thats what i did
alex16

Post by alex16 »

the 3ac is all stock with 265k miles and it does ok, it could use more power but in el gear it feels like 1st with the little 13's. It still keeps up with highway traffic, speedo is off though. I pass people left and right when going 65. This car was not that fast with the 13s but the 14s did slow it down some. I would like to run a efi 4a-ge with a small turbo. The clutch and the reverse gear give me the most trouble. The reverse isnt low enough and when i try to rev it up and drop the clutch it slips some in tough 4x4 situations.
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

tercelboy wrote:4 the licence plate just take some long screws to go into the foam and bend it around thats what i did
I left mine where it was...but bent it back at 45* and used coat hanger wire to keep it there...can still see it from front, but nothing catches it now.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

alex16

Post by alex16 »

my 4wd logo is missing so i zip tied it to the grill
terkill
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Toyota Tercel 4WD

Post by terkill »

alex16 wrote:my 4wd logo is missing so i zip tied it to the grill

my entire front lights, grille, corner lights, everything is ziptied to my front frame like christmas ornaments. Ha HA! I win. :)
"If parts ain't flyin, you ain't tryin"