My terc! (snow videos)

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
ESI-RStarion
Top Notch Member

My terc! (snow videos)

Post by ESI-RStarion »

A few videos of me driftin the mighty terc when we got 5" of snow or so, there was also a good covering of ice in that parking lot, took alot to get a good drift out of it with the studs but I made it work, lol. And I wasn't revving that high it just doesn't have a muffler :wink: The reason it has the 2 wheel drive hatch on it is because I took it up to wild cat (local wheelin spot) with a lifted late 80s toyota truck on 33s and a tahoe with brand new 33ish tires and ice breaker chains, tahoe was in front, terc was in middle and the yota truck was in back, couldn't get the yota around us (there was ditches on either side of the road) and the tahoe was leaving 18" of just powder snow in the tracks from his chains, long story short we weren't making enough power up a hill so I had the guy in the yota (brother in law) give us some love taps up the hill, but it got caved in far worse than I thought, I woulda dug it out all the way up the hill but the sun was setting and we were pretty far back in the trails and the shovel fell out of the back of the truck somewhere down the trail, and we broke our come along. This was the only white hatch at the junkyard.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 1764697715

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 1764785426

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 1765269463
Mickey_D
Top Notch Member

Post by Mickey_D »

God, that looks fun!!

You got a little close to that curb near the end of the second vid, though!! Thought you were going to clip it, but saw you blip the brakes.. Big "WHEW"!!

I like the lift you've done on it. Looks MUCH more agressive than the completely collapsed look mine has..... ;)
1986 Tercel Wagon 4X4 SR5 (sold to splatterdog).

A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed, "To whom it may concern"!!
ESI-RStarion
Top Notch Member

Post by ESI-RStarion »

Yeah after I was done I went back and looked at the track next to the curb, about 6inches away from it. :lol: I'm going to have to pull the springs and cut a coil or 2 out of them, they keep the struts fully extended for a very stiff ride, but its fun. Also have to figure out camber issues still, just a few degrees off of perfect so the tires are wearing a little un even. Will iron out the problems soon
Iain
Top Notch Member

Post by Iain »

Yeah, I was gonna ask you, what lift are you using? and what is up with the rear turn signals are they clear?

-1992 TCR10 Previa LE -Thanks Jetswim-
-1987 AL25 Tercel SR5 -Sold To Jetswim-
-2000 PL2000 Neon LE -Sold to spencersummerfield-
-1999 PL Neon SE -Stolen, recovered cut in half. R.I.P.-
-1987 AE86 Corolla GT-S Coupe - Sold (I want it back!)-
ESI-RStarion
Top Notch Member

Post by ESI-RStarion »

The rear ones? Nah they are just caked with snow lol. And the damage on the front left quarter panel is from about a week after I got it was going to a blockbuster and a lifted dodge ram hit an ran me, his tire went up my bumper over the hood and down the fender, broke the running light. Lol. Was pretty impressed with how little damage the terc took.
ESI-RStarion
Top Notch Member

Post by ESI-RStarion »

A low quality camera phone photo! She's a bit rough around the edges. Ok, a lotta bit rough :lol: Would have liked the cloth rally style interior the brown and tan checkered stuff but I picked her up for $400. Seems to have a strong engine in it probably good for another 100k lol.