Golden glory's pics

Post about yourself, your Tercel, or your Tercel projects in here, share pictures of your Tercel, or post trip threads!
golden_glory
My tercel:: 86 SR5 4WD

Golden glory's pics

Post by golden_glory »

So this is my fly whip. One shot of the headlights I mentioned in the headlight letter thread & one 3/4 shot from the left front. All Hail the Carburated FURY!
http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q65/ ... ercel1.jpg
http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q65/ ... ercel2.jpg
The signal light has been replaced with a junkyard unit, no mo' duct tape fo' me. :D I took these maybe 2-3 weeks after I bought it for $1000 USD titled, taxed & registered. WooT!!
Madison, Wisconsin
1986 Tercel SR5_135k 6 spd with newly rebuilt dinosaur burner
1992 Celica ST_213k 5 spd currently not driving
No more bus pass. Werd.
jetswim
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon

Post by jetswim »

Nice photo's! She sure is a beaut! $1000 worth of heaven....
Current rides: 1987 SR5 4WD wagon, 1989 xtra cab pickup 22RE 5spd 4X4
golden_glory

Post by golden_glory »

Tell me about it, she only had 116k when I got her. The seller wanted 900 but I talked him down $50. Its the most reliable car I ever owned. Whatever you do, don't purchase a 89 Isuzu Imark RS unless you have bookoo bucks and love obscure rides....
Madison, Wisconsin
No more bus pass. Werd.
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

She is clean!
One thing that you might think about is what I did to Goldie; remove the headlamp surrounds and paint them black. It really sets off the clusters better (I think).
I used RustOleum Plastic Primer and then R-O Satin Black - same as I used on the bumpers and all of the grille - including the entire Toy emblem. I did not scuff the "chrome" of the surrounds, in case the paint did not stick; however, it is all adhering adequately.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
golden_glory

Post by golden_glory »

I hear ya, but kinda dig the faux chrome look... Call me crazy but if anything I would like to find some better looking surrounds. I dig the cheesy 8os look. More than likley I will just leave those be though, so many more things need attention on this beast. Like the engine rebuild that its due for in fall semester of 07-08. WooT engines class!
Madison, Wisconsin
No more bus pass. Werd.