Odd... Music

Post here about...well...anything!
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Odd... Music

Post by Typrus »

Anyone heard of Nightwish? Its...... Interesting.... To say the least. Apparently they've been quite big over in the UK for some time now, but didn't make much of a hit in the states. Was pointed to some of their stuff by a buddy. Particularly Over the Hills and Far Away.
Its almost like a collision of Opera, Heavy Metal, and Orchestral music. Some are calling it Symphonic Metal. Its quite interesting.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

My uncle in Finland is a big fan. He played one of their CDs for me on the way to the WRC rally in his Skoda Octavia a couple of years ago. I think that was the band anyway, how many Finnish opera/metal bands can there be? :lol:
Mickey_D
Top Notch Member

Post by Mickey_D »

Try out the song "Nemo". It's the only one of thiers that I've heard that I like. Quite good.
1986 Tercel Wagon 4X4 SR5 (sold to splatterdog).

A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed, "To whom it may concern"!!
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Nemo, my name forever more.
Yup. 2nd song I heard. They have a lot of just flat weird songs. I've liked Nemo, The Siren, Over the Hills and Far Away, and a few others.

You know they booted the main singer a year or 2 ago? They've kind of been struggling since. She went on to a big solo career apparently.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew