Tercel Noltec and King Springs

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
jammin1911
Top Notch Member

Tercel Noltec and King Springs

Post by jammin1911 »

http://www.noltecsuspension.com/search. ... mit=Search#

Can someone tell me if these bushings would all be the same for our 4wd wagon tercels? This is just listed as "1983 - 1988 Toyota Tercel".

As I've mentioned a few times my roots are in the sport compact performance world and Noltec makes the ultimate bushings when it comes to a mix of comfort and performance - those who have even held a noltec bushing in their hands would know this right away.

I've just noticed that they also make them for the 83-88 tercel so i'm hoping they will fit my 4wd wagon. I know the guys that own a shop in Ohio who are the exclusive north american distributors for noltec (noltec is based out of austrailia).

------------------

Also, these same guys are one of the north american distributors for another austrailian company called King Springs who makes really nice replacement springs. They have front and rear for the same chassis as mentioned above, its just listed as "1983 - 1988 Toyota Tercel". The fronts are supposed to be the same stiffness and the rears are upgraded stiffness, doesn't specify by how much. The ride height is claimed OEM but will probabl lift up the car due to your old sagging springs :)

To sum this post up, I can get this stuff for better pricing than can be found anywhere and I've already spoken to these guys about the possibility of stocking these for some of us or maybe just doing a small group buy for those who want to re-vamp their suspension.

They've got got very good pricing on KYB which is a decent strut replacement solution.

If anyone is interested in having them research other solutions to common degrading terkle parts that we could put in an order for just post here and I'll give them a call and see if we can find something awesome.

We should do a Noltec + KYB + King group buy and that would get us awesome pricing no doubt and we'd all have brand new suspension, even upgraded considering the king springs are supposed to be amazing.

Discuss???
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

The only Tercel we ever got in australia was the AL25 manual 4wd wagon that is why king springs just mention that it is a Tercel.

Also check if they get Lovell's springs in for you, there Tercel Springs have 2" lift on them, they're my next upgrade!

good luck. meanwhile, i'm going to check out those noltec bushings!

Matt
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
jammin1911
Top Notch Member

Post by jammin1911 »

OK because I'm a noobie to this car, is the AL25 what I have?

The typical 4WD tercel wagon that we all love? Mine's a 1986.

If so, I guess we've just found our solution for decent front and rear springs!

That 2" lift sounds interesting. I wonder how fast that would kill a set of new kyb struts. Do we have other strut options??
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

jammin1911 wrote:OK because I'm a noobie to this car, is the AL25 what I have?

The typical 4WD tercel wagon that we all love? Mine's a 1986.

If so, I guess we've just found our solution for decent front and rear springs!

That 2" lift sounds interesting. I wonder how fast that would kill a set of new kyb struts. Do we have other strut options??
Yup, AL25 is what you have. 'A' is the engine series, the '5' indicates 4wd/awd. Most Toyota car chassis codes that end in 5 are awd or 4wd.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

I dunno if any other strut setup would fit. Shocks aren't too difficult to deal with. The Monroe MA700 fits if you watch the air valve. As such, I'd imagine anything it fits on (Monroe doesn't say it'll fit, but we know it does) will work for us, shock wise. So longer travel in the rear isn't a massive issue. I'm not sure about the front though.

KYB used to make a 2-inch lift strut/shock set for the Downey lift package. Wonder if they still have the designs laying around?
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew