Weber 32/36 conversion on 3E engine... possible?

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
joes mama

Weber 32/36 conversion on 3E engine... possible?

Post by joes mama »

i am on the verge of replicating the copier beatdown scene from the movie office space with my feedback carb. :x

my car: 1988 toyota tercel (automatic) w/ 3E engine.

my question: has anybody ever heard of/performed a weber conversion on this particular year/model?

all of the literature I can find about the weber 32/36 does not list the 3E as a motor that can take the conversion, however the 3AC is listed, which I believe has the same intake manifold... right?

any and all info. about this potential conversion will be paid back 100x karmically.

thanks!

casey
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Re: Weber 32/36 conversion on 3E engine... possible?

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

joes mama wrote:i am on the verge of replicating the copier beatdown scene from the movie office space with my feedback carb. :x

my car: 1988 toyota tercel (automatic) w/ 3E engine.

my question: has anybody ever heard of/performed a weber conversion on this particular year/model?

all of the literature I can find about the weber 32/36 does not list the 3E as a motor that can take the conversion, however the 3AC is listed, which I believe has the same intake manifold... right?

any and all info. about this potential conversion will be paid back 100x karmically.

thanks!

casey
I haven't heard about it being done. I do know that the stock 3E carb is the worst thing toyota ever put on one of their engine's though. I don't see why you couldn't put a weber on the motor. The main trick is that you may need to have a custom carb to intake manifold adapter fabricated. But if the intake manifold is really the same as that on the 3A, then you should be able to use the same adapter kit. You may want to check that there is enough clearance for the carb under your hood.

Just my two cents.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

my engine uses one of those carbs and the only thing i believe you have to do is custom build your spacer

because that carb has a round seat not a rectangular one
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew