Gackt anyone?

Post here about...well...anything!
shaner

Gackt anyone?

Post by shaner »

Just wonderin if anyone listens to Gackt or Malice Mizer?
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Got a friend who listens to Malice Mizer. Don't like it much myself. I'm more of a Rammstein, DJ Tiesto, Jimmy Eat World type... As just a sampling. I listen to more music than I can name.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
rust collector

Post by rust collector »

Never heard of it...What kind is it? :?
Lollypop
Top Notch Member

Post by Lollypop »

I know I'm gettin old when the musical groups names sound like cartoon characters.

=====Justin=====
1987 Tercel 2WD, 1983 Tercel 4WD
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Lollypop wrote:I know I'm gettin old when the musical groups names sound like cartoon characters.

=====Justin=====
Glad you said that...
Ahhh, for simple names like the Chantelles and the Shirelles and the Fontelles.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

At least some Electronica DJ's are simple... DJ Tiesto, DJ Geoffe....
Or maybe you'd just prefer the Jackson 5? Dude... ABC123 was awesome... No, seriously.
Hey... I like me some Sinatra... Perhaps you'd prefer Bethoven? I only like a few of the "Classical" songs, but I do like some Big Band and Swing... Some Motown... Lots of disco.... Hair Metal (80's rock) electronica... limited rap... VERY limited modern rock... I spread out over a lot of genres and generations.

Anyone here ever heard of Yanni?

Suppose nobody's ever heard of DJ Molly Mush...

It was the 3rd of September.. A day I'll always remember... Cus that was the day that my daddy died. Oh yes it was. Never got a chance to see, all I ever heard was bad things about him, so Mama I'm dependant on you, to tell me the truth.
And she said...
Papa was a rollin stone... Whereever he laid his hat was his home.. And when he died, all he left us was alone.

No?

Very Superstitious... Writings on the wall.. Very Superstitious... Letters bout to fall. 13 month old baby.... From the looking glass (?) 7 years of bad luck.. Good things in the past. When you believe in things that you don't understand... Then you suffer. Superstition ain't the way.

Nobody?

You're nobody till somebody loves you... You're nobody till somebody cares... You may be king you may possess the world and its gold, but gold won't bring you happiness when you're growing old. The world stays the same, you'll never change it. As sure as the stars shine above. You're nobody till somebody loves you, so find yourself somebody to love.

Oh please....

I see trees of green... Clouds of white.... The bright, blessed day... The dark, sacred night... And I think to myself... What a wonderful world.

Now please tell me somebody else knows who I mean when I say The Great Satchmo...

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

I thought music died February 3rd, 1959....and I do remember that day well.
Typrus wrote: "And when he died, all he left us was alone...."
Great line.
Typrus wrote:"...but gold won't bring you happiness when you're growing old...."
Not true - a cynical view, maybe, but ....

Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Try some '70s Brubeck? 8)

Flamenco guitar.

Typrus...you are older than you know.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

coltarms
Top Notch Member

Post by coltarms »

NEIL DIAMOND KICKS ASS!

One thing I truly thank my dad for is that he raised me on his music. Lots of 50's 60's and 70's My mom insisted that I have a lot of classical exposure as well. I'm partial to Vivaldi and (believe it or not) Wagner. I remember her making me get all "dressed up" and going to see the local "symphony" play. Not too many 6yr olds get to see the Boston Pops play the 1812 Overture on 4th of July in Boston anymore.....
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

coltarms wrote: My mom insisted that I have a lot of classical exposure as well.
For most of its years, my Dodge/Mitsu p'up had MO vanity plates bearing "MOLDAU," which is my favorite piece by Smetana.
takza wrote: Typrus...you are older than you know.
DITTO !
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

I listen to German rap music like:
- Aggroberlin "Aggroberlinzeit" Link to Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azXhn8lJDvk
- Fler "Papa Ist Zurück"
- Fler "Neue Deutsche Welle"
- Bushido "Vom Bordstein Bis Zur Skyline", etc.
- Ersguterjunge "Nemesis"
- Sido "Mama Ist Stolz"
and more.
GERMAN RAP RULES!!! :twisted: 8) :wink:
I used to listen to Savage Garden from Mattel's homecountry, but from Brisbane. I am part Deutsche because my dad was born in Neuendettelsau and imported himself to the USA and married my mom, who was born in Madison, WI. I am also part English, Czech, and Norwegian, but the heritage that I have that I feel more masculine and cool with is my Deutsche heritage!!!! I also like Neil Diamond, but for rap, I know what's best: Deutsche Rap!!!!! I also listen to French rap (VGV and Tercel Marseille: this one's for you guys): MC Solaar "Solaar Pleure", Booba, etc. I even listen to Japanese rap like SoulJa's "Rain" and "First Contact"
SoulJa "Rain" link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mogBZZCJRao
SoulJA "First Contact" link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faV40kOe45M

All cool songs. I even made a rap CD, with me rapping on it, when I was in high school. Sold 50 copies, made $250, gave to charity! :wink:
K-Business
coltarms
Top Notch Member

Post by coltarms »

heh heh......petting the dog too hard......heh heh

Poser Mobile! Fees Shorty, Fees!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shaner

Post by shaner »

Well i guess everyone is lame! :D I feel bad for you all. just missing out on so much and all. good luck with boring music! :D :D
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

shaner, you can't possibly think that MY music is lame. Mine's the best! Besides, like I said, I made my own high school rap CD and I was a big high school celebrity! Everyone, or most everyone loved me! I made it when I was in 12th grade. :wink:
K-Business
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Fettes Brot fur dich TD? Ist das musik du magst? Schon. So, du magst autos, ja? Ja, ich weiss, mein Deutsch ist nicht so schon, aber ist gut genug.
Sprichts du Deutsch TD? Oder ist deine Vatti uber deinem schulter und sagen zu dir was ich hat gesagt?

My German sucks soooo bad.... So many grammatical errors, I'm sure of it.

Was?? Du horst Rammstein nicht??? WAS IST DEIN PROBLEM?

lol

I think I have some Boston Pops in my basement... I'll have to look....
I have a large number of "Der Deutsche Grammofone" CD's, anywhere from Bach to Wagner... I listen to less than I probably should. Need a better sampling to know what I really like.

Hey man... Gold won't offer you a kind word or a shoulder to cry on when you are on hard times. That, and gold comes and goes, but love is an everlasting pact between two souls that does not truly wane or wax, so long as the love is true.

Gold cannot buy love, but love is in of itself Golden.

I'll just have to keep waiting for that...

There've been gems from every era. Not all music has to be about drugs sex or sad things. Take Jimmy Eat World's song, "The Middle.'

"Hey, don't write yourself off yet. Its only in your head you feel left out, or looked down on. Just do your best. Do everything you can, and don't you worry what they tell themselves when you're away. -c- It just takes some time little girl you're in the middle of the ride, everything, everything will be just fine, everything everything will be all right, all right. -c- Hey, you know they're all the same, you know you're doing better on your own, so don't buy in... Live right now, yeah just be yourself, it doesn't matter if it's good enough, for someone else. -c--c- " there's more to it, but I doubt you want to read on.

There can be heart and soul in music, though it seems most artists have lost that spark, and only see the need to bring down a feeling of pain or loss on others.

Then there's the fun stuff...Like Stayin' Alive.

Enough rant from me.

And thank you. There's still too much to comprehend that I have yet to experience or gain from, so I'm nowhere near satisfied with myself yet.