Gackt anyone?

Post here about...well...anything!
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Typrus wrote: And thank you. There's still too much to comprehend that I have yet to experience or gain from, so I'm nowhere near satisfied with myself yet.
XLNT perspective !
I hope you continue with it.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Typrus, first of all, you should get a Deutsche Dictionary and Phrasebook. It will help you, big time!!! :wink:

2nd: Do you like German rap music like Sido's "Mama Ist Stolz", Aggroberlin's "Aggroberlinzeit", or B-Tight or G-Hot or anything like that? I do, especially because I'm part Deutsche, like I said before, and I am super proud in a bragging way about my part Deutsche heritage! I give many thanks to my dad for giving that to me! :wink:

3rd: I also have a Deutsche beer-drinking 12" Vinyl Record album that I have danced to sometimes.

4th: I really, badly, want to import that gangsta' Deutsche body kit for the 4wd Tercel Station Wagon like the Dachreling (Roof Railing), the sick front spoiler bumper, etc., winch and everything! 8)
K-Business
tercel4wdrules
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: None

Post by tercel4wdrules »

I like the quote "de gustibus non est disputandum" which is Latin for "there is no disputing about tastes". We all have our tastes for music, food, fashion, and so on.

I agree with Typrus that arists bring down a feeling of pain or loss on others. An immediate example I can think of would be the lyrics for Linkin Park's "Somewhere I Belong".... "this pain I felt so long..." and of course many others. Some artists convey emptiness and discontent. It just depends... it'd be nice if more artists would include motivational stuff in their lyrics as opposed to pessimistic verbiage.

I personally don't like rap because of its sometimes explicit nature. I remember a small incident when one of my teachers was playing rap song and then it had an explicit line in the lyrics that was totally unacceptable for the school environment; he was embarassed afterwards.

I'm going to go listen to J.S. Bach right now... :-)
2015 Honda Fit EX "Malachi"
2001 Toyota Corolla CE "Eugene"
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Everyone check out this song by Fler and Shizoe (two German rappers from what formerly was known as East Germany. I'm both East and West German. I am very Germanic! This song is the song I was talking about. shaner, you especially check it out, since coltarms made that amusing assumption in the other post. Here it is, it's on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1helOwK6yg
K-Business
coltarms
Top Notch Member

Post by coltarms »

East German AND West German, eh? Well, I'm Massachusettian, New Hampshirian, Illinoian, Californian, and Oregonian. So take that!
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

German, French, Belgian, Swiss, English, American. There's even a large town in Tenessee named after my Great(x6) Grandpa, who founded it.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
terceldude
Highest Ranking Member

Post by terceldude »

Did anyone check out this song yet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1helOwK6yg

Yes, I am West and East German. Northwestern English and some other part of England too, Czech and Norwegian. But my German heritage rules! I know that I was told my East German heritage lies near Berlin, Germany. Fler and Shizoe are from Berlin, Germany and that just make me near Berlinean! SWERD Typrus! SWERD tercel4wdrules! SWERD everyone! SWERD the whole world! :P
K-Business