Lift kit???

How-to's and repair secrets for your 4WD can be found here. Have a question? Ask it in here!
simon84
Top Notch Member

Re: Lift kit???

Post by simon84 »

YES! as DLB said, I did cut up a white plastic cutting board to use on my front lift. I used a black rubber spring spacer that I carved flat where the U shaped channel in. I basically turned it into a big rubber washer. Then I added another 1/4 inch using the cutting board that I cut into the same shape. I drilled holes though them for the 3 strut tower mounting bolts. Those mounting bolts are too short so I hammered them out (they are pressed in). Then I got some grade 8 bolts in same size but longer and I welded them into the strut mount. Works great for about 1" lift.

When I replaced my transmission, I put half inch metal spacers into the engine cross member bolts and at the transmission mount to lower the engine & trans. You need to replace the bolts with longer ones. This is to keep the CV axles more relaxed and help them last longer. If I did any more lift, I would also move the lower control arm to frame mounts. You don't have to do anything with the front sway bar mounts because they are on the cross member.
And I just went to 16" rims off a mini.

FYI, rear lift is pathfinder springs and firebird ( or is it thunderbird) shocks.
Driver: 87 Tercel SR5, white, 4ac, weber carb (aka the Tercedes)
Road Tripper:95 Mitsubishi Delica L400 2.8L Turbo Diesel
Motorbike: 94 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6
Project Car:Red 68 Plymouth Sport Fury III
Previous Tercel:Orange 84 Tercel 4wd (aka the pumpkin)