Front and rear seats

Need a car part and don't know where to get it or how to install it. Look here!
Peanut1982
My tercel:: 1987

Front and rear seats

Post by Peanut1982 »

Howdy y'all... Well I've caught the tercel bug again and am working to get my 4th one up and running. I even got the "parts" car running. Love these little trucks. Just wondering if anyone out there has a set of seats avalible for this latest resurection? I found a set at my local junkyard, but they want 200 bones for the set (front seats and back bench). Is that a good deal? They ain't pretty, but better than what I've got... BTW, I live out on the western slope of Colorado....
To the moon and back!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: Front and rear seats

Post by dlb »

$200 is fair if they're in good shape. If they're just dirty that's ok, you can use a little rug doctor to clean them up nicely. But if they're torn to shit, they're not worth anything IMO.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

Are they SR5? then Its a fair deal but I wouldn't be buying the DL seat for that price.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
Peanut1982

Post by Peanut1982 »

Well seems to me like I should go get those seats... Thanks everyone
To the moon and back!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

Post before and after pics if you clean them up!
Peanut1982

Post by Peanut1982 »

Will do. Probably will not get them for about a week... Drivers seat is torn, so I am going to sew it up. Keep ya posted.
To the moon and back!
dlb
Highest Ranking Member

Post by dlb »

When you sew it, it will probably be easiest to remove the fabric and turn it inside out to repair it. I had a friend do some sewing repairs on some seats for me years ago, turned out great. Anyway, removing the seat covers is a little annoying but if you only have to do one seat that shouldn't take too long. Here is a thread on how to do that.

viewtopic.php?t=6526