New to the forum but eager!!!!!!!!!!

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

Finder349 wrote:For the Geo the internals of the Swift GT are all forged parts. The Geo shares all the internals. The point is that the 1.0 liter and the the 1.3 liter Geo engines have forged internals. With an O-ringed head and gasket a 1.0 liter Geo can take 20-25 pounds of boost. The turbo Chevy Sprint has the 1.0 liter and is putting out 70HP. The Cutlas was AWD? or could be gotten that way? Now that with 200HP could make an STi work for its win.

O the joy,

Calvin
The SOHC cars only had forged rods. The DOHC engine added a forged crank and stronger rods. Still, they can all handle quite a bit of boost. There's a guy in Australia running low 11s in the 1/4 mile in a 2WD Swift GTi! :twisted:
AWD was available on Swifts and Cultuses (Culti?) in most parts of the World outside of North America.

We should probably start a thread in the off-topic section if we want to keep talking about Suzukis. :lol:
Finder349
Advanced Member

Post by Finder349 »

Good point sorry about that.

Calvin
86 SR5 238k miles, 6sp. GONE :(
85 SR5 232k miles, 6sp. GONE :(
87 Toyota LE 4wd Van 184k :)
87 Toyota 4wd Van 236k :)
Yes I run with scissors.
Lollypop
Top Notch Member

Post by Lollypop »

O.K. I was surfing around ebay and came across this auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96-97 ... 5179QQrdZ1

My question/thoughts are the pics look to me to be lowering springs that are raised to a lesser lowing state by adjusting the the spanner nut on the bottom to raise the car, which for our car to be at the height we want would mean alot of thread on the silver thingy exposed with no spring around it because the spring is of the lowering type.

Now what i'm wondering is what if ya install the coil over hardware with brand new stock SR5 (or whatever model) springs and then adjust them 2" (EX.) to lift the car to the desired height

Maybe I'm thinking crooked fellas....lemme know

-----Justin-----
1987 Tercel 2WD, 1983 Tercel 4WD
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

Lollypop wrote:O.K. I was surfing around ebay and came across this auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-96-97 ... 5179QQrdZ1

My question/thoughts are the pics look to me to be lowering springs that are raised to a lesser lowing state by adjusting the the spanner nut on the bottom to raise the car, which for our car to be at the height we want would mean alot of thread on the silver thingy exposed with no spring around it because the spring is of the lowering type.

Now what i'm wondering is what if ya install the coil over hardware with brand new stock SR5 (or whatever model) springs and then adjust them 2" (EX.) to lift the car to the desired height

Maybe I'm thinking crooked fellas....lemme know

-----Justin-----
The only problem with your idea is the coilover springs are much tighter around the struts/shocks than factory springs. Usually 2" or 2.5" ID. I think the larger factory springs will slip right over the whole coilover sleeve. You can buy coilover springs in different lengths, but you might not find them as cheap as the generic eBay ones. I think the "good" racing springs are about $50 each. But if you're planning on buying new springs anyway, it might not be much more money.

But you would have to figure out what to do in the rear. The springs don't go around the shocks back there. And I wouldn't trust the shock mounts on the axle with the full vehicle weight on them. Maybe leaving the original springs in place and using very soft helper springs on the rear shocks to lift the car up would work ok.
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

FORGED? Really? Wow.... No wonder our Geo has handled having no oil so many times (same sis who killed the 84's orig engine..... from no oil) Yet only gives a little tappit sound. SOHC 1.3L.

Perhaps a mod is in order to relocate the shocks? I have always cautiously eyed those little bolts they rest on... Why are they where they are anyway? Then again, why is anything anything?
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew