Two Questions?

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Rasmus
Top Notch Member

Two Questions?

Post by Rasmus »

what are the biggest tires people have fitted without seriously ruining off road capability and the ability to turn? (what size will rub, which wont?)

oh, and has anyone ever fed nitrous into our little 3AC? I feel it could handle a 35 shot, does anyone know/have tried?

- Rasmus
I love my tercel :)
Rasmus
Top Notch Member

Post by Rasmus »

why the ** is nobody responding?!?!
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

Rasmus wrote:why the ** is nobody responding?!?!
Possibly because this question comes up really often. Try doing a search and seeing what you come up with. I'd answer your question myself, but I don't have experience with large tires. Also, you only asked the question yesterday; give it some time. Not everyone visits this board every day.

If you phrase your questions like you had your second post written, you can pretty much be guaranteed that no one will reply either.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
Rasmus
Top Notch Member

Post by Rasmus »

what people write here in regards to tires seems very vague and the search feature is terrible.

And if these things come up often, a sticky is a good way to get rid of frequently asked questions ;)

Oh, and a search for the word "nitrous" comes up with this thread only. So I doubt it is a very very spoken of topic.

- Rasmus
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

rasmus - tempus pro patientia...
The dearth of nitrous references may be an indication of its practicality or possibility for a (stock) 3AC and its transmission...even the visionary Typrus has not broached this subject.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Rasmus
Top Notch Member

Post by Rasmus »

patience? I have none. :)

Nitrous is the best bang-for-buck car modification for straight line acceleration, proven time and time again.

I love your English by the way, it is VERY rare to see someone who commands the langauge with such profound elegance on the internet :)

Mmmm, think I'll go lighten my Tercel now, oh, and I'm thinking I'll go with some 185/60/14s, I found a few banged up aluminium rims locally for about ~100 bucks canadian. and tires are cheap when you know a tire recycler ;)

- Rasmus
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

:oops: Actually, not an "oops", but just a blush approximation.
Wish my teachers from the days of yore could read your kudo...
Perhaps one day substance will follow style as well.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Did you know he-who-shakes-his-spear? 8)
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

FH Bible

Post by FH Bible »

I am running 185 75 14's only rubs on hard turns. I am with the rest of these guys. Lean back relax and when you get impatient get in your tercel and go 4 wheelin and run something over. Don't blow up on people you are asking help from. Trust
j
Rasmus
Top Notch Member

Post by Rasmus »

Oh yes, sorry, didn't mean for any emotional explosions :) I must be used to the pace of the more, populated boards.

Once again ARCHINSTL, amazing! I have read alot of your posts now in order to further my own command of the Language. English is my 3rd Langauge, and I wish to master it with the same comfort and skill that I convey within my spoken and written manifestations of my mother tongue(s).

I have measured, and measured - and I think I might be able to fit some good sized 205/75/15's on my Tercel, if I just cut out a little fender in the front :)

- Rasmus
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Rasmus -
I would demur (but my ego says - relish !).
As I wrote tercel4wdrules, the key is read - read - read - and then read some more, whether the English classics or American classics. Shakespeare, for all of the "old" language, is a mine, as is, believe it or not, the Sherlock Holmes mysteries. The latter series is underrated in adding to one's writing knowledge - and the stories are surprisingly not nearly as dated as one would think.
Another good source is H.L. Mencken's books on The American Language.
The lingual abilities you have are impressive. And your English ain't bad, neither :)
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
Mark Twain
Rasmus
Top Notch Member

Post by Rasmus »

I love reading, however it's usually british detecive novels or "worse" - Douglas Adams'-esque comedies :D

No, my English isn't terrible by any means - however I iwsh it was better :)

Now I think I'm going to try and find a hill my Tercel won't go up, and then go up it.

- Rasmus
shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

well ivwe tried nitrous on my terc but it cant take any more than 25 hp before detonating, with the webber and huge jets i could take it probably to 40 but that is sushing it, ohh by the way my tests were done on 95 octane gas, i hace some 105 octane but it fouls the plugs fast so its too expsensive to run it
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come