Advanced spark plug MOD....

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Advanced spark plug MOD....

Post by takza »

http://fueleconomytips.com/content/view/31/2/

"So it’s time for a tune-up & you’re interested in better mileage and perhaps a bit more power. You’d like to maximize both the expense of the spark plugs and the time spent changing them. Well here’s a magic trick that has shown up to 22% increases in torque and similar increases in fuel efficiency. While many of you have heard about indexing the spark plugs, we're going to go even further and turn the plugs into pencil torches This will make it virtually impossible to have misfires and promote a much more complete combustion, yielding more torque and mileage."
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

That is a VERY cool mod; what a smart idea!
:idea:
Unfortunetely I don't have the type of plugs that I can try it on. Has anyone tried this? What sort of results have you seen with the 3AC?
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

I indexed my plugs...and even that was fairly difficult...strangely enough. Haven't been able to test for mpg.

To do that plug mod would take some extreme care..you'd need to punch in some drilling marks very accurately to center things...and be careful when drilling...not to mention bending the ground electrodes.

I don't think a set of copper core plugs would cost more than $2 each or so....they are conventional plugs.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

shogun
Highest Ranking Member

Post by shogun »

i have a leathe at home ill try and ill tell you how it went
tercel 4wd custom suspension, under drive pulley, vented brakes, cold air intake, and plenty more to come