'87 2WD Automatic for sale in St. Louis

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

There is an '87 2WD automatic for sale in Clarkson Valley, which is a upper-end Western suburb of St. Louis.
The mileage is 104K. I spoke to the older seller, and she said she and her husband have had it for 3+ years, and are selling it only because an '88 Camry wagon became available to them from a friend's passing, and they have always wanted that particular car.
She said it runs fine, except for the AC, which had been repaired but is now non-functional for ? reason.
Oddly, it turns out that I sold the couple a pair of nice Norwegian DBS bicycles 30+ years ago, and we chatted about that. They live in an affluent area, and while that is no guaranty, I would hope that would bode well for the condition of the car.
The telephone number is 1-636-227-1959. The advertised price is $1500.
If someone calls the couple and is then really interested, let me know and I could check it out. I forgot to ask if they could take pix and send them over the 'Net to anyone. If you call, mention the bikes and "Tom from Wheels West...".
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Further on the 2WD, if anyone is interested:
1. The o/s is silver and the i/s is black.
2. No sunroof
3. The radio works.
4. It did recently pass MO's emissions and safety inspections a couple of months ago, so the tires and brakes, etc., should be in at least a decent condition.
5. The couple said they would have no qualms about driving it long distances, which seems reasonable, given its passing the inspections.
6. They said is was OK to call with questions.
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain