So Howmny Tercs do you see regularly

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
tercelcalgary

Post by tercelcalgary »

i see them all the time since i got one but most of them are rust or two wheel drive, i think it would be cool to organize a tercel rally around here or in bc some where
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

tercelcalgary wrote: i see them all the time since i got one but most of them are rust or two wheel drive, i think it would be cool to organize a tercel rally around here or in bc some where
I'd totally be up for a rally!! Gotta get more members from BC and AB first though! I think there is only 1/2 a dozen of us or so. Everyone who I meet who has owned one of these cars has absolutely loved it though! So we just need to attract more people to the site. It'll happen over time I guess.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
Eatpants
Advanced Member

Post by Eatpants »

i see probably 2-3 everytime i head into boise, there might be like 5-6 in my little town here, and i own 3 of those

boise has a lot of VW's too
Aussie_3ASCV
Advanced Member

Post by Aussie_3ASCV »

i know just about every one here in western australia. i see about 2 a week on the roads
84 SR5, 4A, 75W Globes, CB Radio, Twin 13" Subs with Twin 750W Amps, Neons, 15" Enkei Rims Fitted With 215 65-15 Tyres, 200000Km on clock, GPS, Hood Scoop and plenty more to come. I love my terc
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

In Melbourne I reckon I see one a day. Mostly pretty well used but there are still some Gems around. All the rusty ones seem to be off the road now. but I see heaps more in the country and especially up in the snow country(per percentage of cars) I give them a wave or raise a finger to say g'day.

Unfortunatly (?) these cars are very reliable and need little matinence to keep going so people tend to put off replacing parts till there broke.

When I was in Perth last year there was a guy in Mount Lawley who had about 4 Tercels lying around his house and then there was another Tercel up the street at someone elses place.

My first Boss at the surfshop was the first person I knew with a Tercel (back in /89) and it was this great mustard colour, His tailgate rusted out when it was 5 years old something cronic, He ended up getting a new tailgate and after that Terc got written off he got another one which lasted various surfers and abuse for about 450,000 kays of desert driving. Some of these cars seem to attract rust and others seem to be perhaps painted a little better or something.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
hberdan
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Sold my 1987 Tercel Dlx 4x4 Wagon but miss driving it everyday. I don't miss working on it, though.

Post by hberdan »

I live in Colorado, near Boulder, in the mountains. I see Tercel wagons everywhere. We don't have salt on the roads; the little cars do rust but still last a long time.
I'll bet on an average day I see 15-20.
The car has always been popular in Boulder, I remember them as far back as 83-84. I drove out to Moab with a buddy in 1985 in his BRAND NEW SR5 wagon(sticker still on the window) to climb on desert spires, and have been hooked on the lil cars ever since.
"I'm high on the real thing: Powerful gasoline, a clean windshield, and a shoeshine."
ctishman
Advanced Member

Post by ctishman »

Eugene, OR here. I see loads of 'em. At least 10 in town, and they're all over the road. I've considered printing out a bunch of "tercel4WD.com" calling cards to drop under the wiper and let the owners know they're loved. :D
Dryfry

Post by Dryfry »

Not quite regularly but I parked at the local shops came back and there was a burgundy Tercel parked next to my goldish Tercel. The brown paint has some pearl in it giving it a fake gold look.
And I was passed by another burgundy Tercel on the Tonkin Highway.
What I've got 1986 Tercel 4wd wagon....Paint code 4G8 with brown interior.
Fitted with the Big Block 4A