So Howmny Tercs do you see regularly

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Ogedei
Advanced Member

Post by Ogedei »

Before I bought the terc I never noticed them. Now I see them everywhere here.

I see them for sale in the extreme suburbs and in yards in the city. I passed 2 on my 25 mile trip home yesterday. I will pass three during my delivery shift this evening.

Do others see this many?

When you see them do you think hey that could be my parts car?
<span style='font-family:Optima'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:green'>1984 SR5 4WD gold 140k miles running superbly on new clutch</span></span></span>
coltarms
Top Notch Member

Post by coltarms »

I never used to see them at all, but now that I bought one I have seen 6 others in my immediate area. I'm tempted to try to put some sort of a run together before the snow hits in the Coast Range, but it will have to wait till after hunting season.

If anyone is curious, I am in Hillsboro, OR. That's about 25min east of Brown's Camp OHV area in the Tillamook State Forest. I bring my Jeep out there on the trails all the time. Those guys are gonna freak when I bring my Terc out there....
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

I probably see 3-4 every 20min of driving or so. They're everywhere!!
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
Mac
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Mac »

not alot, i usually see 3-4 when i'm in town, around here, almost none.
Tercel 4WD "POWER WAGOON" with 4A-C
aka: "no powa steering tercel, oh oh oh!"
mods: ignition at 10 DBTDC and 90 octane gas.
brianp
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: '85 4wd SR5, 220k miles

Post by brianp »

There are a couple I see in my town, one I call the "ghost terc", because I only see it in the early morning in the fog. :) There are probably 5 or 6 down in Corvallis in various conditions, which I see every day going to school. There are also about 3 Corolla AllTracs in the area as well.
'85 SR5 4wd, A.K.A 'Peach", 221k miles!
dcn
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 4WD SR5 Wagon

Post by dcn »

I only can think of a couple in my immediate area, other than mine and my Dad's which I see all the time. There is a brown one that I see from time to time, and the guy in it actually waves to other Tercs, a la bike/Jeep drivers. That's cool!
Metallic Blue '87 4WD SR5
Carguylen
Top Notch Member

Post by Carguylen »

I live in a mountian community a north of Los Angeles, and there is four or five. There is a tan color one that has a broken trans that the owners aren't sure what they are going to do with it. It looks like Brianp's. It's interior is filthy and the front bumper is cracked badly. How hard are those to find?? The body is in real good shape. If they want to sell, and I can't get it, I'll post the info...
Gasoline Fumes
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Gasoline Fumes »

In NY where I live rust has killed most cars older than 15 years. There are a couple of Tercel Wagons I see around. The only one that's not really rusty is 2WD. :(
jetswim
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD Wagon

Post by jetswim »

I live in farm country north of Goderich, Ontario and I rarely see them. I saw one brown 83-84 1 year ago near here and just last weekend i saw a dark blue one with tinted windows in Port Elgin north of Kincardine. When I lived on Salt Spring Island, British Columbia I saw one every five minutes! That island probably has the most SR5 Tercels in North America!
Current rides: 1987 SR5 4WD wagon, 1989 xtra cab pickup 22RE 5spd 4X4
MootsMan
Top Notch Member

Post by MootsMan »

They are a rare commodity around here in middle TN. At least, out on the highways. There are a few around, but nothing like out in CO or what y'all have described out in OR or BC. There have been several come through the local junk yard in the last year and a half....many of the bodies totally rust free. It makes me sick to know that a solid body car is going to the crusher...and they won't even consider selling it to you as one piece. OH, well, I guess that's the way of things.

I'd like to buy another SR5 with decent mileage on it, preferably under 150K, so if anybody happens to see one up for sale, and you're not going to buy it, let me know !
1984 Tercel 4wd Dlx. - 192K miles.
1985 Tercel 4wd SR5 - 185K miles (not running)
1986 Tercel 4wd Dlx - 210K miles (dd)

Only 3 to go for the whole set ! lol
3A-C Power
Highest Ranking Member

Post by 3A-C Power »

In Southern Ontario I saw alot of them when I was young and my parents car was an 85 Tercel 4 door hatchback. I noticed them because they said Tercel on them but were so much bigger and different. I see one about once every 2 months now, and there's about 3 I know of in my city, all of which have lots of rust.
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

2 on my way into school, one attends my school of those 2, In city are 3 that I never see move, then there are 9-12 that I see between Fort Collins and Loveland.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
takza
Highest Ranking Member

Post by takza »

Here in Tibet...I've seen only 3...the one in my driveway...the parts cars I raided for parts...and my sisters wagon...long sold.

Do see some Honda wagons that are similar looking.
Give a boy a gun-give a biatch a cell phone-and pretty soon you almost got yourself a police state.

Orwell said: War is peace! Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength...

Inkyturbo
Top Notch Member

Post by Inkyturbo »

When I used to live in the San Bernardino Mountains(I was born in Lake Arrowhead)when I was like 5(15 yrs ago) I saw them all the time- good for snow. Now I only see one, and it is 2WD... :huh:
Josh G.

Joy is passing a brand new car at 80 in the fastlane, with your 22 year old Japanese economy car.

1983 Toyota Tercel Wagon (4WD, SR5)
2manytoys4menow
Advanced Member

Post by 2manytoys4menow »

coltarms wrote:I never used to see them at all, but now that I bought one I have seen 6 others in my immediate area.  I'm tempted to try to put some sort of a run together before the snow hits in the Coast Range, but it will have to wait till after hunting season.

If anyone is curious, I am in Hillsboro, OR.  That's about 25min east of Brown's Camp OHV area in the Tillamook State Forest.  I bring my Jeep out there on the trails all the time.  Those guys are gonna freak when I bring my Terc out there....
I see them quite a bit around my neck of the wood's . some are beat and a few are pretty nice . I have 2 of my own and would like to buy a few parts cars to just yank the parts off I need and send them to the bone yard . I'm in milwaukie , oregon and have a big chopped and bobbed suburban on 42'' swampers that I take to browns camp . I have taken the terc to sand lake and mobbed around durring Bronco fest . you should of seen some of the "what h*ll'' look's I got . I have drivin a few easy trail's up at goat mt but until I weld up the rear spider gears in the rear axle (lincoln locker) and build my front bumper to mount a winch I will stay with the easy stuff with the terc and wheel my REAL 4x4 in the crazy stuff . I also have an 57 jeep cj5 (m38) that I'm building into a rock crawler . I still think a terc 4 linked on sammi axles with an exo cage and a winch, 4 age motor swap and 29'' swampers would be pretty cool . maybe after the jeep is done and I find a cheap terc I will attempt this . That's IF my wife doesn't have me put on med's :o . let me know when you are going to Brown's with your terc and I will show up in mine . maybe we can try 7 up or the lower crushers :lol: . Bruce
CHEVY BUTCHER