Paycheck down!!

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

Well, I had a wheel cylinder start leaking and the other start seizing recently, so I just had to use 90% of my paycehck on new shoes, wheel cylinders, and hardware! YAY! Well, I'll let you all know how my braking improves/worsens.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew
ARCHINSTL
Goldie Forever
My tercel:: Goldie is a 1986 SR5 attualmente con Weber/also owned the first T4WD in STL in late '82

Post by ARCHINSTL »

Hey -
Welcome to "young adult" (remember that?) world !
Oh, life gets better - Right ! ! !
Did I miss something on your employment?
What is?
Tom M.
T4WD augury?
"Oh, do not ask, 'What is it?' Let us go and make our visit."
T.S. Eliot - "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"
"Now and then we had a hope that, if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates."
Mark Twain
Mac
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Mac »

yeah, the tercel does that on me too sometimes, luckilly i get a deal at Napa and fixing the brakes never costs me very much.

so for my tercel has needed:

when my parents owned it:
new rear brake hoses
1 new rear slave cylender

me:
the other rear slave cylender
front brake hoses
front rotors and pads
rear shoes.

and i unseized the front calipers too, the brakes on the tercel feel better than they ever have now, brakes are always something worth investing money into.
Tercel 4WD "POWER WAGOON" with 4A-C
aka: "no powa steering tercel, oh oh oh!"
mods: ignition at 10 DBTDC and 90 octane gas.
Typrus
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Typrus »

McDonalds. My manager's seem to like me, thankfully. Except one. He takes his old school rivalry to a massive level and accuses me of being an ignorant redneck. Whatever. The other significant manager graduated from my school and is a really nice person. He used to be a "hippy" so he's pretty laid back. And for my peers- Don't ask me why I work at McDonalds as I make your fries, give them to you then watch you enjoy them. No employees, no food. Along with that, what is degrading about it? It may be greasy, BUT SO IS WRENCHING ON CARS!!

Yeah, not like each part by itself is expensive, but all together it adds up.

For a bit, having so little money post fueling and insurance discouraged me, but along with the encouragement of a coworker, I have a bit of a renewed vigor. I am now struggling deciding how I'll work around basic fee's, and tithe, but I need to start saving for a tour of some college campuses along with a special car fund.
Its all slowly being decided and worked with.
RIP 10-07- 1984 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

RIP 04-05- 1986 Toyota Tercel SR5 4wd Wagen 6 speed

1st Terc- 1987 Tercel SR5 4wd Wagon 6-speed, Sadly cubed

1985 Tercel Standard 4wd Wagon w/ 3-speed auto, Living a happy life in Boulder last I knew