who lives in Australia

Post here about...well...anything!
nathan fisscher

Post by nathan fisscher »

who lives in Australia im thinking of geting to gether and going 4wd ing

i live in WA 1 and half hours from Perth if your interested give us a email or give me a call On 95745576 after 4:30 pm on week days

iv got the best 4wd spots that you might consider trying
Aussie_3ASCV
Advanced Member

Post by Aussie_3ASCV »

hey nathan im up in carramar bout 40 minutes from perth. I know a few tercelers ive met. my mobs 0431941123 so drop us an sms or something or i will call you to organize a bit of tercelage in the bush or beach. i was gonna organize a cruise with a few mates but a 4wd sounds better.

Matt
84 SR5, 4A, 75W Globes, CB Radio, Twin 13" Subs with Twin 750W Amps, Neons, 15" Enkei Rims Fitted With 215 65-15 Tyres, 200000Km on clock, GPS, Hood Scoop and plenty more to come. I love my terc
nathan fisscher

if you get a few mates to cpme whith you and we will take a weekend and enjoy our selvs im hoping in two weeks time
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

I'm In Melbourne,

Lateer is in the wilds of Tassie,

Oz rob is in WA as well

Trying to suss out the minor diferences between are cars and the american version. seems to be

we get fresher front lights and grill

bumpers

no electronic ignition :(

ohh and Steering wheel on the other side of course

have any of you other Aussies improved your headlight or tried to mount spotties? as are beams are different to the USA version

I had to replace the headlights in my first Tercel after I melted the backs with 100w globes (silly me)

I'm having trouble finding a good mount spot where the headlight won't get damaged in bump parking. I'd like to mount some round ones WRX style under the bumper though

by the way on aus ebay do a search for Tercel and there is a guy selling the original brochures for the 4wd Tercel cars from 1986. I bought some of him earlier, there in great condition and pretty cheap to!
:)

catch ya laters
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
nathan fisscher

thats nasty mealteing your lights iv got 130 watters for the high beam and the low beam are 80 or 90 watters
jamiec

Post by jamiec »

Hi there im in Tasmania.

i have just bought an 1987 tercel 4wd :D .
i have had tercels before dont relize
how practical they are until you dont
have one anymore. i have had two
tercels that have electronic ignition they
are fitted in 1986 on tercels.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

'86 would be designed for Unleaded as well, I'm running my '84 (pre unleaded) on 95 RON. Do you notice any diference on the dif octane petrols?

what sort or lights are you rocking? do you have spotlights on the front? Can't wait to get to Tassie sometime next year, really want to do some of those hikes!

Cheers, Matt
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
jamiec

Post by jamiec »

Hey there Mattel
No i have not noticed any diff on the
different fuels.i had fitted spot lights
to the 83 tercel i used to have,they were
nightvision brand can still get them from
supercheap auto there small 100w.
i drilled holes in the top off the bumper bar
and cut sections out off the grill so the lights
would not stick out past the front off the bar
as it would be illegel.i still have those spotties
think i will fit them to my new tercel.
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member

Post by Mattel »

thanks Jamie, I'll take a look at those lights next time I'm down at Supercheap although they allways seem to be laughing at me 'cos i'm not in a SS ute or something aussie enougth, I'm looking for some round ones with a black non chrome outer , good idea with the grill recess, i don't want to get my spottys mounted to far out where they will be getting knocked all the time as people tend to like bump parking here in Melbourne, my old kingswood had spottys mounted between the grill and the radiator, as there was so much space up there.