What is the most rare T4WD option/accessory?

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
dlb
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: '87 sr5, '83 dlx parts car

Re: What is the most rare T4WD option/accessory?

Post by dlb »

prof, you can seen the winch at the end of the first post here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4540

i should clarify that the winch is mounted inside the bumper. the license plate holder flips down to expose it. so awesome.
rer233
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: Multiple

Post by rer233 »

Here's a pic of the digital clock that mounts under the radio.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
if it aint there, there's a good chance it won't break!
83 SR5 Silver/Blue (Snowmobile/work beater)-totaled but drivable
85 SR5 Blue
88 SR5 White (the 'good' one)-not anymore-totaled
87 fwd silver wagon a/t
87 4wd dx Cream (a/t- not anymore- now m/t)
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

I wonder where it connected, maybe slaved into the radio? Probably has "Accessory, tail lights, dome light and negative"

I want one now, time to start hunting :mrgreen:
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

Site administrator, if something is broken, PM me!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
94 Jamboree RV (Ford E-350), 90k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
The Professor
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1987 Tercel SR5 4WD wagon

Post by The Professor »

That Euro winch bumper IS really cool! I like that a lot! Does anyone have aftermaket wheels from the 80s on their Tercel?
1975 Subaru SuperStar wagon
1984 Subaru Turbo-Traction wagon & hardtop
1987 Subaru RX 3-door
1987 Subaru RX Type-RA 3-door
1987 Toyota Tercel SR5 wagon
1999 Subaru Forester S
2002 Subaru WRX sedan
2019 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

Post by toughtercel »

My wife had an 1985 Automatic Tercel with Cruise Control , but they were cut off before I bought it .
The Cup Holder are made for Automatic Tercel " not for Manual " I tried many times in my Manual 4WD , it never works .even i swap the side bracket , they were smart if someone try to swap the "Cup Holder " Manual , the only reason because if drive shift into 1 st gear , it'll knock the cup out .
** One of the rarest that I think off are the steering wheel with center plastic logo " picture of "HAWK " it came from "Canadian version of Tercel 4WD - SR5 " only on 1983-84 model , These steering wheel are same as Europe,Australia's Tercel 4WD has but no "Picture of HAWK in the plastic logo .
Mattel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1988 Corolla 4wd Wagon (AKA Corolla All-trac) 5speed, AC, Power Sunroof, Windows, Mirrors, Steering, Locking, Diff Lock, 14" Corolla SX Alloys with Silica Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, 210,000kms

Post by Mattel »

JDM Hatch had 'disco seats' with speakers built into the back of the seat which the diagram in the bottom left shows.

tercel seat.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Previous: 83 Tercel SR5 4wd, 84 Tercel SR5 4wd
88 Corolla 4wd Wagon 5speed, All power options, Fact Sunroof, Diff Lock, 14" SX Alloys, Hankook Tyres, 4afe, King Springs, Upgraded Headlights, Full Synth oils, Tow Bar, 210,000kms
jimcrazy
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 4wd 1986fwd 1983 4wd

Post by jimcrazy »

is this the HAWK you speak of my 83 sr5 parts buggy 103000 miles on it rusted out
toughtercel
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 83 4WD with some SR5 equip

Post by toughtercel »

yes , that the one , it seem that you in Canadian version car or .. , by the look of the cluster in KM/H . thank you
jimcrazy
Highest Ranking Member
My tercel:: 1985 4wd 1986fwd 1983 4wd

Post by jimcrazy »

I am way down on the east coast nova scotia
Starbug
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel 4WD SR5 with 4AC engine swap, original inclinometer, and an original hood ornament :-)

Post by Starbug »

Ok, I gotta chime in here.... I haven't been here in a few years, so it's good to see this place still going strong!

Rare options some people have mentioned, that my Tercel contains: factory roof rack, cruise control, AC, and a factory hood ornament (near as I can tell, it's factory). Also has the factory inclinometer. Mine is an '84 SR5, manual trans, 4wd. Not sure if "rare", but it's also the only Tercel I've ever seen with (factory?) metal wind deflectors in the windows.

Are these things really rare options? I never actually gave it any thought until now.

That digital clock: do want!
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

I don't think you have factory cruise control that early, could you post a picture of your dash hood and multi switches (headlight/wipers)?
Former Tercel Enthusiast (not a practical family car anymore but they still have a place in my heart)

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k
Starbug
Top Notch Member
My tercel:: '84 Tercel 4WD SR5 with 4AC engine swap, original inclinometer, and an original hood ornament :-)

Post by Starbug »

Yup, gimme a sec to go take pics and upload.....
Top Notch Member

Post by Starbug »

Click thumbnails for larger pics. The other steering wheel stock (not pictured, because I forgot) is simply headlights and turn signals. This one is wipers and washer fluid button. Cruise control is built into the bottom of the dash. It doesn't work, and I haven't bothered to look into it because there really is just way too much traffic these days to be able to use cruise. I don't even bother trying to use it on my '04 Acura RSX, either.

Top Notch Member

Post by Starbug »

And pics of everything else I mentioned my car has. :D

And the whole car, side and rear. You can kind of see the roof rack, but the background mostly hides it.
irowiki
Highest Ranking Member

Post by irowiki »

Starbug wrote:Click thumbnails for larger pics. The other steering wheel stock (not pictured, because I forgot) is simply headlights and turn signals. This one is wipers and washer fluid button. Cruise control is built into the bottom of the dash. It doesn't work, and I haven't bothered to look into it because there really is just way too much traffic these days to be able to use cruise. I don't even bother trying to use it on my '04 Acura RSX, either.
Aha! That is definitely aftermarket cruise control. Fascinating though, they had a custom tercel bezel for it!

87 Corolla FX16, 105k
95 Camry Wagon, 170k
97 4runner, 275k