hilux convert

General discussion about our beloved Tercel 4WD cars
nathan fisscher

Post by nathan fisscher »

dose any one know if you could put a hilux chassi on a 1984 tercel wagon 4wd

i want to change the chassi and the motor to a hilux do you think it it posible or not
GTSSportCoupe
Highest Ranking Member

Post by GTSSportCoupe »

nathan fisscher wrote: dose any one know if you could put a hilux chassi on a 1984 tercel wagon 4wd

i want to change the chassi and the motor to a hilux do you think it it posible or not
Do you mean put the tercel wagon unibody on a hilux frame?

Sure, why not? :P I say give'er!

Seriously though, it sounds like a huge amount of work to me, but if you have the time and resources, it would be an interesting project. You would need to be a pretty talented fabricator.

If you can remove the cab and box from the hilux frame, but leave the chassis, suspension, and drive train in it, then it could possibly work. Just do whatever modifications are necessary to place an empty tercel unibody ontop of the hilux chassis. You'll probably have to shorten/lengthen, widen/narrow the tercel unibody appropriately. And attaching it to the hilux frame will be extremely challenging to say the least.

Send us pics if you do it!

PS: Typically the people who have to ask these types of questions don't have the ability to do the job.
Current:
91 LJ78 Landcruiser EX5
95 A32 Maxima SE
Former:
87 AW11 MR2 Smallport 4AGZE
93 Taurus SHO ATX
86 AL25 SR5 6spd 4wd
90 AE92 GTS
82 KP61 SR5
85 MX73
87 AE86 GTS 4AGZE
85 AE86 GTS
83 AL21
nathan fisscher

Post by nathan fisscher »

i know that i wouldent be able to do it by my self and would probly get some one else to do it for me but i thought about it and will do it sonme day